VCmod script for cars (now it's on sale - 40% cheaper!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic:
VCMod (Vehicle Controller Modification)

http://coderhire.com/browse/script/652/vcmod-vehicle-controller-modification

Short explanation (in notes):
It's a segmental script that supports over 500 cars including all TDM vehicles and includes:
-Lots and lots of awesome and realistic lights for all TDM cars and more
-Hazard lights, night lights, blinkers (blinkers aren't needed)
-Exhaust fumes
-Dynamic Third Person view
-Changing seats and driver kicking people out of the car
-Other things

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
To be honest, the lights we have right now are VERY bad. Think about Dodge Charger 2012. It has unrealistic, low quality light bulbs on each side.
Now look at a real photo https://www.flickr.com/photos/59145901@N05/7928071778/?rb=1
And now click on that codehire link, scroll down to the bottom and look at the Dodge Charger with that script. Isn't it awesome? What more, the author says it doesn't cause lag.

As it is a segmental script, we don't have to use all its features. I hope you buy it before the discount ends and implement it to our server very soon.

Optional additions:
-Add LoneWolfe, SGM, Sped and SGT's unique cars like:
-police SUV to stop big and powerful cars (doesn't need custom paint-job support, so why not?)
-police rally car to use in the forest
-Dodge Viper and other classics
-fast ATVs (might need Bail Out mod to be realistic (police chases), but that's another topic)

EDIT: Since it doesn't cause lag to individual players (I doubt if it causes any apparent lag to the server at all) there should be an option to disable smoke if there isn't one. And here you go, probably no disadvantages.

Last edited:
Reaction score
+ Support. The lights of the cars look great especially the indicators. Only thing is due to the night times on the server, it could cause a lot of lag I expect.

Reaction score
+ Support. This has to be added, Its looking really good and the whole idea of being able to indicate to every other road user is brilliant.

For example when you're about to overtake another car on the highway you would head for it as long as the other car doesnt switch lane but you cant know if they're about to do it so you would just do it anyway but sometimes that is ending up with a crash. However if the mod would be active we would know when and when not to overtake someone. (this is one example out of many)

So if this mod/script would be implemented it would save everyone alot of money that would have been spent on repairing your car

Last edited:
Reaction score
What about my optional additions - more not TDM cars? For example LoneWolfie's police SUV (or a reskin of a TDM's SUV), Camaro, mentioned Viper and Subaru Impreza (as a police offroad car it would be awesome) and some of his Ferraris?

Reaction score
Fredy doesn't buy peasant scripts from coderhire. Rip in pepperoni's m8.
I suspect this would destroy the single thread that the server's CPU uses to run the gameserver, as you can tell the server already gets rekt by gmod's terrible single threaded engine, recode source engine to support multi threading and try again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Fredy doesn't buy peasant scripts from coderhire. Rip in pepperoni's m8.
I suspect this would destroy the single thread that the server's CPU uses to run the gameserver, as you can tell the server already gets rekt by gmod's terrible single threaded engine, recode source engine to support multi threading and try again.

Cant it just be tried out? Since alot of people would like this to be added they shouldnt mind if the server needed to restart a few time's to try it out.

However can't we make a strawpoll or something about it, In order to see if it would work or if it would cause lags or server crashes.

Reaction score
Could someone like Fredy accept this suggestion (or deny it) already? It won't be on sale for ever and there's nothing more to talk about. Watch Rustic8's video and make a decision instead of arguing in comments whether it will cause lag or not.
Many other servers already have that script so why should we be worse?

Reaction score
Indeed it would be fun to have this script, but it would cause lag for people with bad computers when the exhaust comes around or if someones spinning around.. Its a neutral support for me,

Reaction score
Definitely +Support from me.

It even has stop alarms and a lot of good features that add to the realism. I really wish sometimes had stop alarms on perpheads. Besides this, it has a lot of good cars.

Reaction score
Denied.
Even though it is a really good mod, we won't put any third party mods on our server.
It's just something we do not like because of several different reasons (security, it's not custom, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.