VR Game Recommendations

Reaction score
I bought a Quest 2 almost a year ago and it has been collecting dust ever since. I just couldn't tolerate playing VR as I had trouble with blurriness and motion sickness. Recently, I bought a new headstrap and that seems to have made it tolerable. There is a Steam sale right now, so I've figured now is a good time to give VR another try.

Are there any games you guys/girls recommend? I've heard HL: Alyx is a good one, but I want to try something that's not Singleplayer, and just a complete the story and never play it again type of game. Comment down below if you have any recommendations. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hmm I myself haven't played a lot of multiplayer VR games besides pavlov so I can't say much

I hope that these recommendations won't seem overused because it's mostly the same things but here:
Pavlov VR - CS:GO But in VR
Onward VR - Insurgency but in VR, a slower more realistic shooter, you can either play PVP or CO-OP
Contractors VR - CoD But in VR, seems pretty fun and fast paced
Propagation VR - This is a horror game where you stand in one spot in a subway station and have to shoot incoming zombies at a 360 radius, it's free, but you need to pay to play CO-OP, which I would recommend if you don't want to get a heart attack.

There are also a lot of non-shooter VR games I'm sure but I don't remember any, I mostly played singleplayer and you've probably already heard of Boneworks, Saints & Sinners, but these are singleplayer. There's also an SCP: Labrat which is just SCP in VR and not too long ago they got a multiplayer update, not sure if it's out of beta yet but that could be something you can play.

Reaction score
just before any other vr fanboys post about it, pavlov is on sale right now for like 4.99.

Never played it and not that interested but everyone seems to love it so I’m recommending it so I don’t have to hear about it any more.

Reaction score
just before any other vr fanboys post about it, pavlov is on sale right now for like 4.99.

Never played it and not that interested but everyone seems to love it so I’m recommending it so I don’t have to hear about it any more.
That's the only reason why I'm buying Pavlov again (returned it) because of the sale price. Probably not going to play it, but its $5!

Reaction score
Hmm I myself haven't played a lot of multiplayer VR games besides pavlov so I can't say much

I hope that these recommendations won't seem overused because it's mostly the same things but here:
Pavlov VR - CS:GO But in VR
Onward VR - Insurgency but in VR, a slower more realistic shooter, you can either play PVP or CO-OP
Contractors VR - CoD But in VR, seems pretty fun and fast paced
Propagation VR - This is a horror game where you stand in one spot in a subway station and have to shoot incoming zombies at a 360 radius, it's free, but you need to pay to play CO-OP, which I would recommend if you don't want to get a heart attack.

There are also a lot of non-shooter VR games I'm sure but I don't remember any, I mostly played singleplayer and you've probably already heard of Boneworks, Saints & Sinners, but these are singleplayer. There's also an SCP: Labrat which is just SCP in VR and not too long ago they got a multiplayer update, not sure if it's out of beta yet but that could be something you can play.
Thanks for the list. Come back to perp, Nil! Regals aint been cozy in a while.

Reaction score
There are some quality VR games on Steam. I’ve played quite a few with my valve index but my top three would have to be Beat Saber, Pavlov and Half Life Alyx.

Half Life Alyx is an incredible single player experience and I need to spend some time to do another play through. Would definitely recommend this to anyone coming into VR nowadays. Although one “downside” is that it really sets the bar high and makes other VR titles look bad in comparison. Beat Saber and Pavlov are both really fun games too, which both have multiplayer. @flugs will be able to tell you how I beat him every single time on Beat Saber. Only downside is the custom song support is restricted to single player.

Copied from previous thread

Reactions: 213
Reaction score
Copied from previous thread
One thing I will say and this is just my opinion but, as beautiful and just immersive as HL:A is, the combat doesn't feel too interactive, for reasons of course, but it makes it feel a bit less fun for me, I personally really like the combat in Boneworks because you can like smash enemies with various physics objects and hit them with your gun and etc, this is obviously not done in HL:A for various reasons but yeah

Reaction score
I personally have many VR games. I recommend:
Pavlov - Counter Strike but VR, you have so many game modes like Garrys mod so I know you'll most likely enjoy it. Jail break, TTT, Etc...
Onward - VR Military Simualtor. very realistic, Badass night operations or day fights in deserts or urban areas.
Boneworks - Supreme physics and amazing story, The best single player game i've played yet.
Walking Dead - I played it, didn't really feel that well cause most of it I was clenching my body trying to not be bit by the hoard chasing me as I hung from a rusty water pipe off a abandoned house...... Scary to say the least. Also multiple path choices you can choose who you fight for.
Half Life: Alyx - I haven't progressed too far but it is very story rich so if you're into Sci-fi stuff look into it. Also easily mod-able JUST LIKE garrys mod if you want it to be since you can make the game a whole different game by installing mods where you can play it with the luxury of Source 2.
Minecraft VR - (free if you have minecraft) pretty self explanatory.
Roblox VR - (free) pretty self explanatory.
Garry's mod VR - Yes garrys mod has a VR mod. What did you think Fredy is the only one to create a project that makes Garry more disappointed in his decision to invent this game?
Blade & Sorcery - I am speechless how none of you have recommended this yet.... Just a awesome badass Melee fighter game. You can mod it with basically anything. It starts off medieval themed but you get magic and you can use guns if you mod it or other magic or anything basically. So many variations in fighting arenas as well as upcoming dungeon mode.
Creed: Rise to Glory - You need a 6 feet space I read. Boxing game where you can fight virtual opponents, I barely launched it since I got it free in a bundle but I was not that interested although it can be good for you if you are into that?
Phasmophobia - Yes you can play VR even with non-vr players and it functions beautifully. WAY scarier must try if you have VR.
Zero Caliber: VR - VR shooter where you play as a Mercenary. Very stunning game for it's time and it has a linear progression so you can fight enemies and progress unlocking more weapons and outfits.
The Forest - Yes you can play it in VR.
VRCHAT - (free) Be careful of the e-daters or the furries. You have been warned. Still many custom games such as Among us in VR, shooters, racers; Stuff like that.
Rec Room - (free) Shocking how this wasn't mentioned. It literally has so much, it is basically a highly polished VR roblox. You can play with any plateform, VR can play with PC; console, mobile and switch. You can do dungeons or play player made games or gamemodes etc...
Killing Floor: Incursion - Co-op Multiplayer linear story progression Killing floor. Play if you want to get spooked.
Propogation (free unless you play Co-op) - As described above. Fight waves as you stand your ground.

If I find any more or play any new ones I'll update this maybe idk.

Reaction score
I personally have many VR games. I recommend:
Pavlov - Counter Strike but VR, you have so many game modes like Garrys mod so I know you'll most likely enjoy it. Jail break, TTT, Etc...
Onward - VR Military Simualtor. very realistic, Badass night operations or day fights in deserts or urban areas.
Boneworks - Supreme physics and amazing story, The best single player game i've played yet.
Walking Dead - I played it, didn't really feel that well cause most of it I was clenching my body trying to not be bit by the hoard chasing me as I hung from a rusty water pipe off a abandoned house...... Scary to say the least. Also multiple path choices you can choose who you fight for.
Half Life: Alyx - I haven't progressed too far but it is very story rich so if you're into Sci-fi stuff look into it. Also easily mod-able JUST LIKE garrys mod if you want it to be since you can make the game a whole different game by installing mods where you can play it with the luxury of Source 2.
Minecraft VR - (free if you have minecraft) pretty self explanatory.
Roblox VR - (free) pretty self explanatory.
Garry's mod VR - Yes garrys mod has a VR mod. What did you think Fredy is the only one to create a project that makes Garry more disappointed in his decision to invent this game?
Blade & Sorcery - I am speechless how none of you have recommended this yet.... Just a awesome badass Melee fighter game. You can mod it with basically anything. It starts off medieval themed but you get magic and you can use guns if you mod it or other magic or anything basically. So many variations in fighting arenas as well as upcoming dungeon mode.
Creed: Rise to Glory - You need a 6 feet space I read. Boxing game where you can fight virtual opponents, I barely launched it since I got it free in a bundle but I was not that interested although it can be good for you if you are into that?
Phasmophobia - Yes you can play VR even with non-vr players and it functions beautifully. WAY scarier must try if you have VR.
Zero Caliber: VR - VR shooter where you play as a Mercenary. Very stunning game for it's time and it has a linear progression so you can fight enemies and progress unlocking more weapons and outfits.
The Forest - Yes you can play it in VR.
VRCHAT - (free) Be careful of the e-daters or the furries. You have been warned. Still many custom games such as Among us in VR, shooters, racers; Stuff like that.
Rec Room - (free) Shocking how this wasn't mentioned. It literally has so much, it is basically a highly polished VR roblox. You can play with any plateform, VR can play with PC; console, mobile and switch. You can do dungeons or play player made games or gamemodes etc...
Killing Floor: Incursion - Co-op Multiplayer linear story progression Killing floor. Play if you want to get spooked.
Propogation (free unless you play Co-op) - As described above. Fight waves as you stand your ground.

If I find any more or play any new ones I'll update this maybe idk.
Thanks for the detailed list!