Is VR worth it?

Reaction score
Hiya

Is the amount of money needed to buy a full vr kit plus good pc parts to handle it worth for the not so many games that are currently available? Not that I have searched deeply for vr games, just that I haven't seen any that will keep you playing for a long time.

Deleted member 6228

Depends it's definitely a work in progress right now with a long way to go, but if you are willing to invest in technology that is still developing then go for it, I recently got a new pc and I am waiting for the Valve Index to release. Some good games are available and it has a promising future

Reaction score
VR is really expanding and there's quite alot of games already. Some free.

Though most games are a gimmick and more or less a party trick there's enough with really cool gameplay and story(like superhot for example
just look at the steam VR games section

if you have a 1070(maybe a 1060? ) you can handle VR just fine

Deleted member 6228

I was so excited to get it next month but they keep pushing it back, september shipping date atm pepehands

Reaction score
Yes, I have a rift and its fun af, 2 sensors tracking is fine for me in pretty much all the games I have played, just make sure if you buy the headset have a budget for games they are not always cheap

Reaction score
tenor.gif

Reaction score
i got my rift S like 4 days ago and its a blast. only bad thing about it is motion sickness but that goes away after a week of use (its much better now than then at the start)

Reaction score
its what i heard from other users and yea its slowly going away for me

Reaction score
Ive played VR for a year and a half, and it is definitely worth it. Ive had so much fun with it, it is truly a huge leap in gaming as you are the controller.

Get the full kit tho. Controllers, FBT and headset.