Weapon containers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
*** Too many people seem to don't know this, but there is a prop called a chest. It is under the category of "Weapon safe". It is craftable and under the furniture tab. It weighs 100kg's, can't carry more than 90kg, and can only be placed at buyable properties. If you place a big weapon in it, it will be concealed, and not show up on your playermodel. You can put whatever you want in it and then pick it up, and like your car trunk, it does not mix with your storage. ***

Topic: Weapon containers (Craftable chests)

Short explanation (in notes):
- Make it possible to drop it at the bank/ city hall.
-
-

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
Ever heard about people entering a bank with guitar cases and opening them, revealing machine guns? I figured that's how these chests should work. I mean, they conceal your weapons, but you can't place them unless you are at a property which can be bought, and therefore making them useless, since you could just use the storage chests inside instead. Therefore I think you should be able to place them at the bank/city hall as well. Entering these buildings with visible guns = cops at you in no time. If you could place the storage chest inside and then take out your weapon it would help, and it would kinda work like the previously mentioned guitar case.
They wouldn't be too OP either. They are hard to craft, and not many people have them.

"But what if they place it and just leave it there in the middle of the building? Will it just stay there untill they disconnect? What if they don't have the chance to pick it up again?"*

The chests will disappear and return to the owners storage 5 minutes after they're placed, if not opened again before these 5 minutes have passed. Opening it will reset the timer. And people will have to rememer 3.18.

*Stephenpuffs or Daymon or some other guy that likes to find everything wrong with suggestions (no offence).
Optional additions:
-None (unless you got buns, hun.)
Be sure to leave feedback, and instead of just telling what's wrong, please find a way to fix it instead.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, guitar case where you can put your assault rifle would be awesome. Would add some realism too.

Reaction score
This isn't necessary at all. I have a suggestion for you, put the guns in your vehicle trunk, drive to the bank/house you want to raid, check that noone can see you and no cops are here, take your guns out and start the raid. Simple as that

Last edited:
Reaction score
The guitar case would obviously have to also be a visual object. Like something you carry on your back, as in attached to a sling around your shoulder.

However it's absolutely unnecessary. Just carry concealed weapons, such as SMGs or Pistols, or use the wonder of the world: Trunks. Get a van, or just any car, fill that baby up with weapons and mow down those cheeki breeki cops.

Reaction score
I'm not talking about a new swep or something like a guitar case, it was just an example on what it would be like. All I want is beeing able to place these chests in other places than buyable properties, so they could become more useful.

Reaction score
Kinda useless if you only can carry guns in them, people will always have a extra eye on you if you walk around with one.
Would add realism but you should be able to have other stuff in, but i can't come up with anything that would fit in it except a gun.

Reaction score
"Oh I'm gonna rob the bank, let me drag my chest out of my pocket and pull out my gun"

The reason you cannot drop it aeay from your property is simply because you could abuse it. Being chases in the woods? Store it in the chest and don't loose it! And of you could physhgun/carry with fists is cause then you could carry it and do the same. It is already balanced and we got the concealed MP5A4 which is really good in my opinion.

Reaction score
+support

This would add some realism, but it should take a while to open the "chest", take the stuff out, close it again...

Reaction score
Let's make this clear:
There is allready an item out there. It's called a Storage chest and can be crafted. This chest can only be placed at buyable properties. It is in the category "Weapon safe". That's how I got this idea, since it sounds like this is what it should be used for.

I'm not asking to add an item that does not allready exist, but just to let you place the chest inside the bank, and inside the City Hall.

Reaction score
Well I understand this suggestion and I seem to like it as I would love pulling a weapon out like that however how would this work? I mean you need to put some solutions into that. Is the bag something I will hold all the time it just in my inventory?

Deleted member 1235

-Support. You've been watching too many films I think or too much Payday2. Not all bank robberies have a Thompson machine gun hidden inside a violin case. The vast majority of bank robberies are quick entrance, then quick withdrawal of a firearm. In nearly all cases of real life armed robbery the criminals would arrive in a car, take their guns out there and run inside, hold up the clerk and do their business and flee again quickly (Although in the case of Perp we like to slaughter the police in a stand-off). Nobody "walks" to their bank robberies. It's literally a 10m walk from the back of your car to the NPC. It's not too difficult and is unnecessary.

Reaction score
- SUPPORT
As I did not -support for realism factor.I don't support this as it be to op.Walking into the PD with a guitar case or a bag full of rifle ammo and pistol ammo while you would be able to hide and carry a firearm in complete concealment with a ak-47 in the bag.Might as well give civilians have S.W.A.T armor and carry around .50 cals on there back.

Reaction score
-Support. You've been watching too many films I think or too much Payday2. Not all bank robberies have a Thompson machine gun hidden inside a violin case. The vast majority of bank robberies are quick entrance, then quick withdrawal of a firearm. In nearly all cases of real life armed robbery the criminals would arrive in a car, take their guns out there and run inside, hold up the clerk and do their business and flee again quickly (Although in the case of Perp we like to slaughter the police in a stand-off). Nobody "walks" to their bank robberies. It's literally a 10m walk from the back of your car to the NPC. It's not too difficult and is unnecessary.

My lovely Duffy ( <3 ) seems explained everything enough.

-Support

Status
Not open for further replies.