Event Suggestion Weather event

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Weather event
Suggestion Description: From time to time have an event that causes extreme weather conditions, this would bring in that you have to stay in doors and not make unnecessary travel as it could cause danger to your life. Police and Firefighters would deliver essential items like food to apartments. The weather would be a high level storm which lasts for a certain period of time.

Why should this be added?:
- It brings in another fun event that involves the whole server
- Opens ideas to more roleplay, for example homeless shelters for people without apartments, food banks for officers and firefighters to deliver.
-

What negatives could this have?:
- bit of a pain in the ass for people that do not want to take part
- hard to code?
- could cause lag due to weather being too much?

Reaction score

Could you say a lot? 90% of the people don't want to be stuck in their house, doing nothing for god knows how long. Not being able to get materials to craft, CivilRP being discouraged by no visitors and a curfew. Nothing about this sounds appealing to me. Only reason I could see this being added is so that police has another big dick situation where they can tell people off for driving around and arrest people. I really struggle to see how any part of this would be a "fun event".

While I like the idea of adding weather systems, I also know for a fact that the lag will be unbearable at the current state.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rain used to break the server on 50 players, let alone 120

Reaction score
Rain used to break the server on 50 players, let alone 120
I think lag would be a big factor and probably would affect the server, but after the recent change it may have a positive affect on lag if rain was brought back?

Reaction score
Could you say a lot? 90% of the people don't want to be stuck in their house, doing nothing for god knows how long. Not being able to get materials to craft, CivilRP being discouraged by no visitors and a curfew. Nothing about this sounds appealing to me. Only reason I could see this being added is so that police has another big dick situation where they can tell people off for driving around and arrest people. I really struggle to see how any part of this would be a "fun event".

While I like the idea of adding weather systems, I also know for a fact that the lag will be unbearable at the current state.
This is a fair point but not 90% of people sit inside and craft. Maybe like the zombie event where civs are given TFU, civs could be given something like this but more of a delivery point of way. The event would not be a long lasting thing

Reaction score
Suggestion Description: From time to time have an event that causes extreme weather conditions, this would bring in that you have to stay in doors and not make unnecessary travel as it could cause danger to your life. Police and Firefighters would deliver essential items like food to apartments. The weather would be a high level storm which lasts for a certain period of time.

- Opens ideas to more roleplay, for example homeless shelters for people without apartments, food banks for officers and firefighters to deliver.
-

- hard to code?
once a year event perhaps

Reaction score

-

- hard to code?
Well, do you like a tornado?

Reaction score

I like the idea, I think we will struggle to do anything which isn't too extreme to keep people indoors etc. It is very easy for me to just turn on rain etc but I feel like enabling tornados and more are going to be too far.