Server Suggestion Reintroduce weather

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Reintroduce the weather effects that we once had a few years ago on the server. The weather effects could reintroduce rain and snow that I believe is already in the code. It would also be cool if we could have a thunderstorm weather effect as well. Rain should be the most common type after the current sunny weather, followed by thunder and then snow. This would also make the weather app more interesting with different variations of weather being displayed.

Why should this be added? (pros):
  • Improved realism, so it's not always just sunny every day
  • Allows for more interesting roleplay scenarios
  • Changes things up a bit and gives the map a different feeling

What negatives could this have? (cons):
  • Potential performance impact (Although, with the improvements made by the dev team to the map and game mode, it would hopefully be a lot better now)

*Images Video:

Watch for a few seconds on the PERPHeads Trailer, which shows off the rain and snow.

I know @Benj made a similar suggestion recently, however his was for adverse weather and mainly natural disasters, available here and mine is just about mainly standard weather (apart from thunderstorms).

Reaction score
Just test it one day and see peoples feedbacks. If people like the rain just keep it, or just make it so admins + can toggle the rain whenever they feel like for a certain amount of time to spice things up

Reaction score
This suggestions should be on for 1 day atleast to see how the server goes and performs. If it peforms well I believe it should be added.

Reaction score
Believe me when I say this is the most dividing topic amongst the dev team, and staff team a whole.
Probably within the player base too!

I would love it but I also know how if I was crim focussed and had some whaky resolution I would hate it.

How do we decide!?

@Fredy flip a coin!

Reaction score
The system broke with the moon update, it's not as simple as pressing a button to turn it on again. apparently

Reaction score
Weather would be a great thing, but how would it affect people's FPS and server performance?

Reaction score
i would like to see weather make a return. i wasnt a member at the time it was previously a thing but when V6 releases i might start playing again. weather would add more realism and immersion and maybe a better chance i would stay tbh if i like everything else. something i think would maybe also be cool is occasional wind sounds when outside.