Weird Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

My computer is kinda fine, like I've got GTX 1050 and stuff and I have around 60 or above FPS everytime around the city when I am stationary but whenever I decide to take a ride with a car, game is kinda freezing at some point while driving faster like it's making me wait to load the objects for kinda 1 seconds and this is really annoying like hell. I have never experienced this issue on any other games.

Any ideas to fix this issue?

Solution
Check your hard drive activity in task manager to see if a Windows update isn't taking up 100% of HDD activity or wherever your Garry's Mod is installed in.

Reset your Garry's Mod to the default settings and unsubscribe and delete all workshop addons aswell as all server content you downloaded from other servers
Simple thing to do, delete all three folders inside Garry's Mod that start with "download", clear your entire addon folder aswell in your Garry's Mod directory and put "-autoconfig" without the quotation marks inside your Garry's Mod launch options, start it once, quit it as soon as you're in the menu and delete the launch option as soon as you done so. Just remember to set up your Garry's Mod video settings and everything...
Reaction score
id say lower your setting by a little bit or hope that someone with a config is nice enough to post it here
ill try to get one for you

Last edited:
Reaction score
Check your hard drive activity in task manager to see if a Windows update isn't taking up 100% of HDD activity or wherever your Garry's Mod is installed in.

Reset your Garry's Mod to the default settings and unsubscribe and delete all workshop addons aswell as all server content you downloaded from other servers
Simple thing to do, delete all three folders inside Garry's Mod that start with "download", clear your entire addon folder aswell in your Garry's Mod directory and put "-autoconfig" without the quotation marks inside your Garry's Mod launch options, start it once, quit it as soon as you're in the menu and delete the launch option as soon as you done so. Just remember to set up your Garry's Mod video settings and everything else after you removed the launch option and set your Model Details to high aswell
Update your drivers.

Optional: use my autoexec.cfg or someone elses and put it inside your cfg folder of Garry's Mod https://puu.sh/BL2SA/1ed627ec42.cfg Remove the voice/alias stuff at the bottom unless you want a voice chat key that's toggled. This is pretty performance oriented so this will disable some stuff.

Last edited:
Solution
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone, I will be testing all.

Creepis' config has solved my issue, thank you Creepis and everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.