why are Police struggling to make 3-7k a hour?

Reaction score
the new mayor system has made the max income tax 75 percent and as a result, the police pay is appalling and what I wanna know is why is the tax limit so high ??
You have earned $260.75 - $195 (75% income tax) as a paycheck for being an officer of the law.

65.75 a minute is about 3945 an hour on average based on about 35k an hour fishing you would have to Work 10.139417 hours as an officer just to make this

over the past week, the income tax has been on average about 60 to 70 percent and it's getting ridiculous and makes policing not very fun for new players when you aren't getting paid basically anything for it

what I would like is the tax cap to be reduced and the effectiveness of the tax amount to increase to balance this may be a max of %40 percent or something so at least the payment amount for officer's breaks 5 figures consistently when the criminals can make 80k an hour hell from less than an hour of drying I made about 60k what I would make in almost 20 hours as an officer

Reaction score
I mean they risk way more than a 5 minute black screen
so your telling me just because a officer only has to blackscreen for 5 mins they should be paid 3k a hour ?? 3k a hour can pay for a tank of gas and a burger and you wanna give that hourly

Reaction score
The maximum income tax was always 75%
yeah but you gotta understand back then basically no one put it that high but now max tax is basically a regular thing and its making being a officer basically volunteer work now at 3k a hour is bloody stupidly low pay for perp considering the cost of anything

Reaction score
I mean they risk way more than a 5 minute black screen

I don't think he means shootouts but rather growing drugs. If you go through at least one batch without being raided, you've already covered your losses if you get raided on the next batch. You will obviously, lose some of your time.

I don't think the Mayor system is working properly, as it's most likely a bug. The taxes are currently only able to climb (without assuming someone buys a lot of stuff at high sale taxes) if you do 75% income tax as Mayor, and if you're not Mayor, the City will go upwards of 67% to compensate.
This doesn't affect a high paying job like Police (if you're high rank) as much as it does Roadcrew and similar. I am sure adjustments will be made to fix it.

Reaction score
just to put how stupid this in context for you that cant understand

ok so a merc sl65 is like 1,854,000 right so as an officer on what is the ''new normal'' income it would take
522.84264 of constant work to afford it outright that's 21 DAYS STRAIGHT
were at fishing would only take 52.9714286 to afford THIS IS ONLY 2.2 DAYS

Reaction score
just to put how stupid this in context for you that cant understand

ok so a merc sl65 is like 1,854,000 right so as an officer on what is the ''new normal'' income it would take
522.84264 of constant work to afford it outright that's 21 DAYS STRAIGHT
were at fishing would only take 52.9714286 to afford THIS IS ONLY 2.2 DAYS
this argument is heavily flawed on multiple levels

you're using numbers without context circumventing the fact that you risk financial loss with fishing from muggings, losing rods etc which is not a factor as police where there are no costs, police get a significant amount of money from confiscations, and income can be much higher than what is listed for police

the sole purpose of fishing is money-making, the sole purpose of police is not money-making

your point of comparison should be pre-mayoral update police rates with an average of money from confiscations accounted for and added on, and you will soon find it's not nearly as egregious as it's made out to be here

Reaction score
this argument is heavily flawed on multiple levels

you're using numbers without context circumventing the fact that you risk financial loss with fishing from muggings, losing rods etc which is not a factor as police where there are no costs, police get a significant amount of money from confiscations, and income can be much higher than what is listed for police

the sole purpose of fishing is money-making, the sole purpose of police is not money-making

your point of comparison should be pre-mayoral update police rates with an average of money from confiscations accounted for and added on, and you will soon find it's not nearly as egregious as it's made out to be here
but loosing a few fishing rods isnt going to extend the time needed by 20 DAYS
the income is bloody stupid and even with the high tax the city struggles and it needs to be fixed

Reaction score
but loosing a few fishing rods isnt going to extend the time needed by 20 DAYS
the income is bloody stupid and even with the high tax the city struggles and it needs to be fixed
you have ignored literally 90% of my point

Reaction score
I don't think 7k is that bad? Literally just get the money no matter what you do pretty much. No risk at all. You'll get confiscations too, that plus salary should amount to an average of more than 7k/h

Reaction score
I don't think 7k is that bad? Literally just get the money no matter what you do pretty much. No risk at all. You'll get confiscations too, that plus salary should amount to an average of more than 7k/h
7k a hour is high by todays standards its more like 3k and it would take still 20 days to 2 weeks to buy a cheap ''sports car'' if you think 3k to 6k a hour is fine then dahm you really cant see how bad it is

Reaction score
7k a hour is high by todays standards its more like 3k and it would take still 20 days to 2 weeks to buy a cheap ''sports car'' if you think 3k to 6k a hour is fine then dahm you really cant see how bad it is
What do you think a reasonable hourly salary is then?

Reaction score
Police could be paid more in salary however I agree with @Sorle s point about police earning money through confiscation as it means they have done their job in stopping crime

Sam

Reaction score
the new mayor system has made the max income tax 75 percent and as a result, the police pay is appalling and what I wanna know is why is the tax limit so high ??
Max has been 75% since the start of perp...

what I would like is the tax cap to be reduced and the effectiveness of the tax amount to increase to balance this may be a max of %40 percent or something so at least the payment amount for officer's breaks 5 figures consistently when the criminals can make 80k an hour hell from less than an hour of drying I made about 60k what I would make in almost 20 hours as an officer
Is see little to no reason to have a max of 40% income tax. 40% income tax when the city has $0 in budget will not get the city started unless someone buys a super car. 75% income taxes are great when there is a need to restart the city budget, if a mayor has 75% income tax when the city has a good budget then that is a bad mayor.
So my question here is, when it's been 75% sales taxes, how has the city budget looked?

Reaction score
Police could be paid more in salary however I agree with @Sorle s point about police earning money through confiscation as it means they have done their job in stopping crime
Not only do most officers get the normally salary, confiscation money. Alot of the officers also get "admin bonus's" and "plpd" bonus's". This also adds up over time.

Reaction score
I am satisfied with how much you can still make as police, just win more shootouts and confiscate more guns and drugs!! because it’s really not that fucking deep