Appeal type: Apology
Which staff member banned you: Madda
How long were you banned for: Permanent

Your Steam Name: Zoephix
Your In-game Name: James Casey
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:50197118

Why were you banned/blacklisted: Cheating
Why should this appeal be considered:
Hi, as you can probably tell, I am making this request on behalf of a friend as I offered to attempt this appeal for him as he has personally been unsuccessful. Not to say I will resolve this but it could show a different view on the issue. It has been already discussed with the staff team that the "cheat" that was detected as a net.message script that would inject functions to the server. This script is used when we were developing our own server as it was a quick way to test functions and new additions to our hooks and functions within the gamemode. It has already been established that it was an accident in pure negligence that the script was run when he joined the server as he had decided to try and play PERPHeads obviously forgetting that the script was loaded. He is smart enough to know that using such scripts on another sever (especially here) would be stupid and would only result in a ban as such he is facing right now which is fully deserved had he tried to run a script maliciously or to give himself an unfair advantage of which he was not attempting to do and the evidence proved this. As far as I have been made aware the script that was run was a function that would cause a CCTV camera to flash which I would consider personally as a light hearted attempt and low-level and not gameplay effecting social engineering attempt at the most. Whether it is acceptable or not and whether this was done deliberately or accidently, the offence is extremely minor and I believe the action taken here was excessive and should be reviewed. This is a person who would love to join the community again and if it is clear that players would not be effected or may be unjustly impeded by these actions as this event would generally not interfere with any general roleplay or cause the offender to gain an advantage from the action.

Not to try and stir the pot but there are quite a few players who were actually found out to be cheating to give themselves the upper hand and have since been forgiven and are now allowed back into the community. I believe personally this form of bias should not contribute to a person being welcomed back into the community and all players should have the same treatment regarding the category of this specific ban. I believe this case is also a lot stronger than a general "Cheater" as this was not used to affect the game but instead was accidently run on the server with a non-malicious net.message that would typically be called if the code was being altered on our test server. The discussion of this ban has had a mixture of sides between the staff. It has been previously discussed that some staff members believed that this should be pardoned where as others saw it as an inappropriate action within the community. Despite what the balance is within the staff team, I believe that this should be reviewed and a second chance granted as others banned for the same "reason" have been pardoned and I believe that this case is extremely more light-weight than the deliberate attempts to play unfairly on the server as it has already been stated that the script detected is not a typical cheating script and is used for general development purposes.

Attempts to appeal this have been made before but I believed it would be worth bringing it to the attention of the staff and the community again as I felt that I had to add my opinions and the facts that I personally am aware of.

Regards

Additional Comment(s):

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.