04-11-2016 Small update log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So as someone thankfully pointed out early on in the day, I messed up with the Luger crafting mixture so they could be crafted from a single grip. We looked into it and only 7 total were made until I made it impossible to craft more. Instead of doing anything regarding refunds or removing these, because the number is so few we're just going to allow people to keep those. If desired, we will accept your fully crafted Luger and give you a Luger grip in return so you can ease any guilty conscience you may have today but it is not necessary.

Moving on, I also seem to have forgotten to include magazine mixtures, which is a bit of a mistake :phteven: but it happens. Also there were missing stocks for MP5K and SPAS-12... (this weapon system is a real mess trying to keep track of what parts have been done now because of how modular each gun is :confused:). Attachments should work for all the appropriate guns though, only thing being the MP5K (unlike its bigger brother the standard MP5) it will not accept Acog sights intentionally.

You can also now craft the MP7 and MP9 to your hearts content. Both require Firearms skill level around the 60s.

Now for something I'm sure almost everyone will be even more excited about and should overall change a lot of gunfights and how they play out. Guns are now wayyyyy more accurate than before :dead:, however the recoil for each has been adjusted manually so they may feel a bit different when shot but not totally uncontrollable. The effect on full auto should still produce a spray of lead; only easier to handle at high marksmanship levels. This also means going to the shooting range is now much more beneficial to get your skill up as you're unlikely to miss the target if you take the time to aim at it each shot. I also choked down shotgun spray a lot, so we'll see how this plays out and if it turns out to be too OP then I will widen it out again. "Sniper" rifles are still the most accurate even at low level, but they have a fairly substantial kick when shot so getting a higher level will help reduce that.
  • c1d31a2ecd6abe83439e45dd8e1f2007.gif
  • 55927acaee67a3837e816c2e2a3aeda2.gif

Known Issues
  • There may be a small texture error with the MP9 body component
  • The guns added yesterday still will not function in the shooting range.

Lastly, people seem to have voted no to keeping the queue server a thing. However, on my post announcing the queue server, I have received 4 dislikes but 32 winner+4 likes (at last count). So if you voted "No" in the poll asking about it, please comment and explain why it is you do not like it. As I have stated in the past, this was just a start of a thing, so it will not necessarily stay Cinema like it is; we needed a gamemode which is not 100% boring, meant for only a few players, or one that would be annoying if interrupted by players leaving periodically so that was our best quick option at introduction. Additionally right now it has to be manually activated so there may be a small period of time where it is not being used when it probably should be.

Reaction score
I like how people blamed me for messing up the Luger and other mixtures. Stephen is the baddie not me ;(

Reaction score
Voted no on the queue server because I personally never had a problem joining via the normal means, when the server was full it only took me 10-15 minutes tops get a slot.

Reaction score
I like the queue server as it makes it more fair to sweaters trying to join at peak time. I wish that you could find it in the same gamemode folder thing instead of joining through console though so you can see how long the queue is as well. I think that some sort of giant FFA in Paralake would be sick. Of course have all the usualy weapons and maybe have unlocked cars spawn all over the map.

rat

Reaction score
Small update
Changes the way that a significant part of the game works

Nice one, this is the change we needed.

Reaction score
I voted no as I had no issue getting onto the server and now with the queue end up waiting a minimum of 50 minutes to get a slot.

Reaction score
I voted no as I had no issue getting onto the server and now with the queue end up waiting a minimum of 50 minutes to get a slot.

Exactly this, on top of that some people just running around like clowns yelling stupid immature stuff (which I just give up and mute at the end). I understand the idea of giving everyone a fair chance to join, but personally I found it much easier to join before rather than now where it takes far longer and staff (understandably) can just knock you back places in the queue.

Reaction score
Honestly I think the SW500 needs a buff. It's the biggest handgun known in real life, I think it should be a one shot to the torso but way more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.