10.4 Insult of an LEO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description:
Any person who insult or talks in a disrespectful way to a Law Enforcement Officer commits a crime

Why should this change/addition be made:
This new law should be added. Because of it's more realistic most country have this law. Second, it happens very often that an officer gets insulted. But it can not be considered as 10.1.

Maximum is a 500$ fine

What is the aim of this change/addition:
Making police able to defend them self by law against insults.

Reaction score
Nah.

This is just more of a reason for people to get pissed off if they receive fines for insulting another player. Also insulting, really? You're saying that, let's say for example calling an officer in game 'stupid' would be liable for a fine? Are you joking? That's not considered harassment. Harassment is continuously insulting the officer, not leaving them alone and pursuing them in an attempt to harass them by doing so.

Reaction score
This is probably one of the worst law reform ideas I've seen in a while.

Already you get officers claiming to be 'harassed, alarmed and distressed' by being called a pig. Simply put, if they want to give someone a ticket over a nothing reason then they'll do so easily enough. Adding this will only increase public frustration with officers, and make the aforementioned practice not only more common, but sanctioned by the city to a certain degree.

This is the last thing we need, and if you believe this is a good idea you need to shut the fuck up and grow a thick skin because on-duty, you're going to fucking need it.

Reaction score
If you walk in real life to a officer and you tell him that he is a fucking pigg. And that his wife is a whore. You will also get a fine for it.

Reaction score
If you walk in real life
i can commit terrorism in real life but if i do it here i get a perma ban. dont bring the IRL arguement to perp as that’s full autisimo.

//phone

Reaction score
If they are screaming at you in public, they're obviously acting in a manner that can cause distress to passers by, if they start screaming their tits off in the PD, just drag them down to the jail cells.

Reaction score
How is this not a law already.

This is abused so people can call officers everything under the sun and get away with it so all it does it make being a officer more stressful. In the UK we have verbal abuse laws, Anti-Social Behavoral Orders and some I might not know.

We need this law to prevent trolling and police getting stressed.

Reaction score
This law just screams "STOP BULLYING ME REEEEEEEEEE" And will add a shit-ton of more time in police investigations when they have to deal with some squeaker screaming "Fuck the police" down his mic.

Reaction score
Against the idea. Either tell them to leave or they will be arrested for 10.1, or use insults and basic commands by voice to show them basic intimidation.

Status
Not open for further replies.