11-01-2016 Update log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Some of you may have seen the teaser video @Fredy posted a few days ago of a new and upcoming phone app. Its name is Tooter, which is basically a Twitter style clone. When you open your phone you should see two new images for phone apps, weather and Tooter.
86805bacc9.jpg

Upon opening Tooter you will be greeted by this screen allowing you to create a new account (you can have up to 5 accounts).
07df925eae.jpg

After you press to create a new account you will be given two fields to fill out, your display name and your handle name. For those of you unfamiliar with Twitter perhaps, your display name is the title which you would like to show to others, and your handle is a quick way for people to reference to you. So in mine I have picked to have my display name be StephenPuffs and my handle also StephenPuffs (these can be different if you wish, but handle must be letters only and no spaces or special characters).
4abf4c74cc.png

Upon completion press the create new account button again and it will attempt to register that account, however if someone already has the same handle it will give you a message that it is already taken otherwise it will create your account and it will show now in your list of accounts.
49c2d759e5.png

To sign into your account simply press on it and it will load up your timeline and other Tooter options. In the top left of your screen you can press to compose a new toot which will open a text area for you to type into. If you wish to mention someone else type @ and then their handle, so if you wished to send me a toot you would type "@StephenPuffs" without the quotes and then whatever you wished to say. If you would like to create hashtags those are fully supported as well, but they do not reference to a specific user. In this case type an # and then whatever you would like to be able to search for others mentioning as well. For example a full toot could be something like... "@StephenPuffs your update log is too long #justperpthings". So then your message would both show up in my timeline as I was referenced by it with the @StephenPuffs and if other people are using the #justperpthings hashtag you can click on that as well to view all of them. If there are a lot of posts it will load more sorted by most recent to longest ago as you scroll down.
9306b7f34f.png
df978394c9.png

When any of your accounts are mentioned by someone else it will play the Toot Toot sound (skull trumpet) so you know someone has. If people mention you while you're not on the server it will not notify you of any new ones when you join however. In my image you can see three icons below the toot I made, from left to right the icons stand for, replying which allows you to make a reply to that toot itself and does not appear on the main timeline, next is retoot which basically copies the message but then is under your name in your timeline, and finally making that toot a favorite which more or less just shows that you liked it. With your own posts however you can not retoot as it is obviously pointless considering you made it in the first place. It also displays the time the toot was made (real time not in game time). Clicking on either the name or handle at the top of the toot will bring you to that person's profile page and their timeline essentially.

To go back to a previous page press the back button (
9241fd7898.png
). On the right side of the top bar when on your timeline you will see 3 icons. The first just shows the top 15 trending hashtags in the past week. Next is being able to search for toots (self explanatory) and lastly is the options panel. In your options you have 4 settings you can adjust: display name, avatar, description, and notifications. Changing your display name will just change the name displayed to others, you are unable to change your handle though as that will always identify you. Setting your avatar will change your image shown to others. There are several images to pick from (thanks @AyJay) and you can change the color of the background to whatever you like. Premium members will have the option to take a selfie which will show an image of however their character does at the time of taking it (yes that includes being police, road crew, etc). Description changes the description you wish to share with others if they visit your profile. Notifications has two settings, one for receiving a notification if mentioned in a toot so if you are too popular you may want to disable this :tuna:, the other is a premium member option to use the "HD" style sound for the notification sound.

Last few things to note are that some accounts may get a verification status depending on the need, most accounts will not be though. So do not ask for verification status, we will review ones that should be as need be at the time. This will show a small shield next to their name on their profile to indicate that they are the official account for it. Meaning that @StephanPuffs would not be verified but my @StephenPuffs would be so even if their display name were identical to mine you could tell us apart easily without having to check the handle carefully. We also reserve all rights to modify/delete malicious, spam, discriminatory, misleading, etc accounts and depending on the severity this could lead to administrative action so use it wisely.

If anything doesn't seem to be working, generally speaking backing out of the application and signing into your account again should solve it. All in all we look forward to see what you do with it and hope it's as fun for you as it has been during the creation, development, and testing. #tooterisgreat

Guidelines
Failure to follow these guidelines will result in the deletion of your Tooter account and eventual blacklist

• Do not Toot anything that might incriminate yourself or your friends (like Tooting the drug dealers location or anything else that against the law)
  • Tooter is an IC application so any OOC matters are not allowed
  • No intentional spamming
  • Do not attempt to impersonate any staff/administration past or present
Change Log:

Added follower, retoot and favorite count
Made it so long usernames wrap properly

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Nice work guys, this looks like it will be a lot of fun to just use in general, thanks a lot!

Alex

The taxes are too high!
#downwiththemayor

Nice work ===D Looking forward to using this.

User0

#DD Where is the drug dealer?

Please add some rules to the app it won't be used realistically at all.

Reaction score
I'm inb4 all the big orgs have tooter accounts and start tooting where they are raiding etc.

Example toot
"@Creepis how manu kills do i hav xdxx i got so many xd"

Reaction score
This app is rigged, I posted 10 toots with the #Brennan and I'm not in the top 15 #'s whilst others are with only 1 toot. Please fix or get exposed.

Reaction score
I assume you can ask for the DD if you do it in some sort of elaborate code so the cops wouldn't assume anything is going on, right?

calling @Jordan for PLPD cyber-crime division

Reaction score
Say I want to make a fake account, it doesnt contain my name and I dump the phone could I use it to ask for DD location?

Status
Not open for further replies.