12.15 - Right of way

Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law: This is a new law.

What law do you wish to change/add: 12.15 - Right of way: On an unregulated intersection, any traffic coming from the right has right of way. In the event of four vehicles in different directions on an unregulated intersection, the vehicles proceeding in a straight line will go first.

On a regulated intersection, a vehicle going straight will have right of way. A vehicle turning right will follow, finally the vehicle going left may proceed.

An intersection is the combination of any roads, this may be a road connecting to another road, or two roads crossing.

Why should this change/addition be made: Since a lot of people seem to have trouble properly giving people right of way, this causes dangerous situations and slows down traffic. I feel like this law could improve the traffic situation and reduce accidents.

What is the aim of this change/addition: To improve the safety of traffic in Paralake and to reduce the amount of misunderstanding caused accidents.

Additional Information: This law is lightly based on Dutch traffic laws, suggestions are highly welcomed.

Reaction score
personally I don't think this law is needed. The only area this would apply is at the crossroads outside of the parking garage because there are four stop signs there which shouldn't be there anyway.

Reaction score
ny traffic coming from the right has right of way. In the event of four vehicles in different directions on an unregulated intersection, the vehicles proceeding in a straight line will go first.

One person will always be going straight from their POV you will need to change that.

I also just see this causing petty disputes with officers and such people should just be left to resolve this themeslves using common sense etc. Its worked (To a point) this far.

Reaction score
Perphead is a bit American-ish theme, thus all the gangster and stop signs everywhere. If right of way were to be implemented the stop signs would need to go to. Its fine the way it is now, what's next...roundabouts? Personally i would go as far as to allow right on reds but that was denied to save face of a now resigned staff member.

M

Reaction score
Bjqo5sr.png

PARALAKE POLICE DEPARTMENT
POLICING AND POLICY

Thank you for your input! This feedback is currently being considered further by the Policing and Policy department.

After this review is complete, the Chiefs of Department will consider the options available such as implementation, community feedback, etc. and you will be informed of any progress here.

Feel free to continue posting your views.