Map Suggestion 2 Week EvoCity throwback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: 2 Week EvoCity throwback
Suggestion Description: Been a while since we had EvoCity. Shall we give it another 2 week switch-up?

Why should this be added?:
- For the shits and giggles

What negatives could this have?:
- Other than the little lag it gets in the city, I think it is worth the change.

Reaction score
have never played perp on evocity, would like to try it. and since i heard legacy servers werent very popular i think it would have a better chance at people actually joining if it's switched to evocity on the main server for a bit

Reaction score
have never played perp on evocity, would like to try it. and since i heard legacy servers werent very popular i think it would have a better chance at people actually joining if it's switched to evocity on the main server for a bit
PERP by default was built on EvoCity. We even returned to EvoCity a few times between map updates. It was good fun. I wasn't thinking about restarting the Legacy, I was thinking fully switching the map of the main srv

Reaction score
PLEASE
LET ME PLAY EVOCITY ONE MORE TIME
IT HAS BEEN TEN FUCKING YEARS

Reaction score
Host it on a separate server if this gets accepted, as when we last reverted to evocity we had to have like 55 player slots to accommodate the maps size.

Reaction score
This wouldnt actually work especially not on the main server, because:

1: CSS content is no longer enabled or required to run perp properly. Evo City uses CSS Textures, meaning we would have to go back on that. Unless we edit the map, which would be for what? A short event?
2: Evo barely accommodated comfortably for like 50 players, 60 felt crowded when we used that during Evo event last time. 128 would be unplayable.
3: City FPS.
4: Reconfiguring all the missions to Evo city.
5: Reconfiguring all the CCTV To Evo City.
6: Reconfiguring wildfire zones to match the map.
7: Fixing the game breaking bugs of Evo city.
8: Rebalancing the broken properties Evo City had.
9: No Training area. (Wouldn’t be an issue with academy server back)

Reaction score
1: CSS content is no longer enabled or required to run perp properly. Evo City uses CSS Textures, meaning we would have to go back on that. Unless we edit the map, which would be for what? A short event?
Adding content to the map bsp itself doesn't require recompiling and it's pretty simple to accomplish

Reaction score
only downside to packing all needed materials using pakrat or VIDE would just be map size and it would require a custom reupload of evocity but thats about it in that department

Reaction score
id rather they focused on v6 than trying to make a map that would go away work for perpheads tbh

Reaction score
This wouldnt actually work especially not on the main server, because:

2: Evo barely accommodated comfortably for like 50 players, 60 felt crowded when we used that during Evo event last time. 128 would be unplayable.
3: City FPS.
4: Reconfiguring all the missions to Evo city.
5: Reconfiguring all the CCTV To Evo City.
6: Reconfiguring wildfire zones to match the map.
7: Fixing the game breaking bugs of Evo city.
8: Rebalancing the broken properties Evo City had.
9: No Training area. (Wouldn’t be an issue with academy server back)
You forgot

10: The map is made out of paper mache, everything is wall bangable.
11: Spawn is next to bank, bank raids are a shit fest
12: Not only city FPS, everywhere FPS when more than 5 people are around

But yeah on a real note, Evo City is fucking awful for perp, anyone who has played it will tell you that. Anyone who hasnt played it and thinks it will be good will be the first to complain if for whatever reason it did change map

I personally wouldn't mind some of the old paralakes back like we did before v5 but with training areas needed unless that was edited it wouldn't work. But overall i rather v6 come out

Reaction score
as what @Adrienne Kali and @Jimmy said its not worth just focus on v6

and Personally that distinguishes perpheads than other server is the own ideas and the developers who create it so i dont EvoCity will be good

Reaction score

Other things we would rather the devs worked on. Also map would not work with 128 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.