3.5 New Life Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add:
3.5 New Life Rule
When a player has died In Character, and after they have re-spawned, they must wait at least 5 minutes (a countdown is provided) before they may either return to the place where they died and/or interact with the situation. They must also treat their re-spawn as a new life. A system is in place to inform players that they are in breach of this rule, any attempt to bypass this system will not be tolerated. Joining or leaving any government job is to be treated as a new life.

When a player is given a new life they must forget/may not act upon any and all details of their previous life; this excludes properties and cars that they own, government positions that they hold and any friends or acquaintances that they have/had made.

Your version of the rule:
Pretty much changing the face that you should be able to act upon situations from your past life as long as they were not involved with your death.
For example : You get raided by subject 1, you are looking for him so you can kill him, you get hit by a car and die cause medics just didn't wan't to respond. Since you didn't die to subject 1 and subject 1 has no way of knowing of your death, you should still be able to act on the situation accordingly

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: I feel that this should be edited into 3.5 as you die a lot more in PERP then you would in real life (lol) and really the person you were after wouldn't know of your death so you can continue RP. With the way the rule is now a situation could happen where you somehow have proof or know someones gonna kill you but you get hit by a car, then the person still kills you. So would that person then get a warning or ban for 2.5? Thats why I feel this rule should be edited.

rat

Reaction score
I'm sorry, what?

If you die, you die. End of, you shouldn't remember any details from your past life that aren't already defined in the rules. This is just silly, and would lead to more issues that the suggestion itself is worth.

EG. Person X kills Person Y's friend

Person X tries to find him, and person Y is very cautious about his activity.

Person X is killed in a freak traffic incident, and person Y sees this happen and knows that it's occurred.

Person Y lets down his guard, only to be killed by a clone of person X minutes later.

How does this benefit RP?

Reaction score
Neutral Tired of killing piss-babies and then they cry saying they've been killed since. But I also think this should mention restart because apparently people think server restart is a new life or something. I also think there should be a time limit on how long you can take when it comes to killing someone, so say if someone mugs you and you want revenge, you have a deadline of a week or so to sort them out.

But seriously if this is not accepted there really needs to be something done about it, because if someone mugs you and you try to kill them but don't get the chance until an hour or so later you have no way of knowing if they died or not and depending on their maturity they'll probably report you for breaking NLR when you had no clue, and asking them in OOC "Can I kill you?" is a huge killjoy, there has to be some way there can be a way of figuring out if somebody died without halting the RP completely.

Last edited:
Reaction score
+ in my opinion this would be a good rule.
example: when i get mugged and find the player who mugged me a hour later i have no idea if he died in that hour.
if someone gets killed by a troller its very frustrating to not be able to get your payback on someone who mugged you so it would be a good rule in my opinion

Reaction score
This is just a not silly, once ur dead ur dead, there's no regeneration stuff like doctor who, ur life has expired, ur body works no more.
When u spawn back in it is a new life, new shannigans to do so it wouldn't make sense to remeber crap from past life, just leave it be pal.

Reaction score
This is just a not silly, once ur dead ur dead, there's no regeneration stuff like doctor who, ur life has expired, ur body works no more.
When u spawn back in it is a new life, new shannigans to do so it wouldn't make sense to remeber crap from past life, just leave it be pal.
thats true but how would you ever now if someone died in the past hour ? so you can take your revenge if he mugged you or raided you ??

Reaction score
I can see where you come from with this, but honestly, this is a bad idea. If this is implemented, then say for example @Speedy mugged me for like 70k of shit, (again) and after it's done, I die from let's say, a gunfight, which was in no way connected to him. The thing is, this would only fracture RP as say for example;
Speedy's friend tells him:
"Oi Liam, that cunt you mugged got gatted by some sweater at bazaar, it was funny as fuck, he won't car bomb you now lmao."
But because of this shit arse rule I can actually remember how salty I am, and turn his Audi R8 into many small pieces of Audi R8 and get away with it.

I can only imagine this causing problems, and resulting in lots more gunfights, car bombs, arsons, and stupid salty excuses such as: "HIS MATE KILLED ME WHEN HE WEREN'T SO HE WASN'T INVOLVED YOU FUCKING MONG!"

Yeah, no.

Reaction score
//on mobile. Allen Kennedy, i'm really confused if you agree with me or not hahhahaahha

Status
Not open for further replies.