[Suggestion] 3.5 New Life Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 3.5 New Life Rule

Your version of the rule:
When a player has died In Character, and after they have re-spawned, they must wait at least 5 minutes (a countdown is provided) before they may either return to the place where they died and/or interact with the situation. They must also treat their re-spawn as a new life. A system is in place to inform players that they are in breach of this rule, any attempt to bypass this system will not be tolerated. Joining or leaving any government job is to be treated as a new life.

When a player is given a new life they must forget/may not act upon any and all details of their previous life; this excludes properties and cars that they own, government positions that they hold and any friends or acquaintances that they have/had made.

Players should not use or act upon any information gained from other players which is relevant to their previous death, while their NLR timer is active.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited:

To start off my argument, as an active member and willingly to help the server from crisis of PERPHEADS AN AWESOME GARRY'S MOD COMMUNITY; i have witnessed certain activity towards the current Rule 3.5 New Life Rule last sentence, that the aspect of this sentence seem to be giving us active and willingly out to help the server @Daigestive; some kind of trouble.

As identified by a good friend of mine @Jamal and @Jay we have come to a heavy argument, which had taken place at our metaspeak, that this rule has been causing numerous counts of problems during our close encounters of Polícia while on the server. In addition, the sake of this argument has brought us closer as friends and has indeed brought my attention to the fact that i shall take action towards the Rule 3.5 New Life Rule.

Therefore, as an active and willingly to help the server with all my help community member of PERPHEADS AN AWESOME GARRY'S MOD COMMUNITY; i have come to a conclusion that this Rule 3.5 New Life Rule (last sentence), should be disintegrated from the Official PERPHEADS AN AWESOME GARRY'S MOD COMMUNITY Server Rules Document.

In Summary, the Rule 3.5 New Life Rule should be excluded from the Papers of The Official Rules of PERPHEADS AN AWESOME GARRY'S MOD COMMUNITY; reason being that it has been giving countless players a bunch of nonsense and trouble after said players death :( and aren't able to help out their fellow friends who have been with them for countless years.

No but for real, the rule should be removed because it doesn't make any sense to not help any of your friends from an upcoming raid from the same property.

If need be, we shall discuss this topic more in the future! :)

Thanks you for reading, please leave your reply to my topic!

332.jpg

Please, only constructive post only.

Reaction score
Well this also means that when cops respawn they can gain information of shooters in their nlr timer and if all cops die , those with nlr can literally return back after their nlr since they know a shootout is taking place.

Reaction score
cops are still doing that...they see panics in their previous location and take action after the timer.

Reaction score
i would also like to add that it's hard to know if a police officer has used the info after their nlr timer as im not sure how i can catch those officers.
But recently i have seen a handful of police show up randomly after their NLR timer just to scout and see if they can start another shootout after the same one just ended.
EDIT: Basically what i mean for the last sentence is that, they see panics or death notifications at that place and just show up after NLR.

Reaction score
Players should not use or act upon any information gained from other players which is relevant to their previous death, while their NLR timer is active.

This is the rule that SHOULD stop the police from hanging outside the NLR zone til there NLR expires tho...

Reaction score
Cops are allowed to respond after NLR timer runs out though? They just shouldn't respond before it. Admins are forever flying about outside shootouts and if they see someone standing on the edge with an NLR timer whether it's a cop or a civ they'll get smited.

Reaction score
I believe thats the idea, but I don't think staff are actively enforcing that.
Correct me if im wrong, i've never really seen it happend

Reaction score
Surely if staff aren't enforcing a rule that's an issue with staff and not the rule itself?

Reaction score
I meant the part about smithing people I don't believe staff is actively doing that

Reaction score
Well i recently seen a bunch of cops not enforce the rule.

Reaction score
This is what i mean by the nlr timer not being enforced by cops in the comments of r flexs post.
Cops shouldnt be able to respond when given info whole mlr timer exists. Is why i wnt this removed because cops are able to do it but not civs...this rule is pd sided and i never seen any action being taken against cops who dont enforce it, usually civs who break the rule get a punishment which is unfair since cops break it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.