3.9 - Issuing of tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law: New Law.

What law do you wish to change/add: 3.9 - Issuing of tickets: Law Enforcement Officers must give out tickets appropriately, such as charging an appropriate amount, and ensuring that all tickets are detailed.

Why should this change/addition be made: Lately officers have been handing out extremely high tickets for crimes that aren't that serious, such as 2k tickets for parking incorrectly. This law would prevent them from abusing the ticketing system, meaning tickets are given out fairly. Also, it ensures that officers detail tickets correctly, such as stating the law they broke etc.

What is the aim of this change/addition: to prevent officers from abusing their ticketing powers, and ensuring that officers charge a fair amount when ticketing. It also makes it more realistic, as IRL tickets would be a lot more detailed, rather than 'parked illegally'.

Additional Information: you can edit the actual text in the law, i wasnt quite sure how to word it :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would perhaps say this goes under 4.1 Law-Enforcment Officer's Discretion.
Cops are supposed to give punishment that they seem fitting, and is to the city's best. I don't believe 2k for parking on the line is fitting.

When it comes to detailed description, LEOs doesn't always have time, although when they do, they must explain why they give the ticket. Read 4.2

Reaction score
I have noticed that some tickets have been a little off, I would be fully up for making a ticket guidance thread/page. Where we can list advised ticket prices. I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.