5.5 Robbing the Bank/Bank Warrant Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello perpheads,

I'd like to start a discussion about something that's been bothering me for a while now and I'm sure it's crossed others minds aswell at some point, rule 5.5.

5.5 Robbing the Bank
For players to help other players rob the bank, they must be part of the bank robbery by gaining an arrest warrant at the beginning of the bank robbery. Players that fail to gain an arrest warrant from the bank robbery may not assist with the bank robbery.

I think this rule should be modified because realistically it doesn't make sense for a serious roleplay server, there's no reason why one of your teammates shouldn't be able to attack the police & swat from behind or snipe them while the others are robbing it. This also means if someone wanted to be the getaway driver they would have to walk into the bank while they are robbing it just to participate and realistically that wouldn't happen in a real robbery situation.
The bank warrant feature is unrealistic in my opinion because in a real robbery people would most likely rob the bank with a mask on and they would have a chance to get away from the police without being identified. I just find it annoying we can't actually plan a robbery out in a smart manor without breaking the rules, it's pretty much just going in guns blazing every time. I feel like most people will agree with me on this and I think if this rule was modified it would be alot more enjoyable to attempt to rob the bank!

Last edited:
Reaction score
+Support It definitely does suck when your partner gets banned for helping out, or even just a getaway driver being banned. Not realistic for people to have to get the warrant

Reaction score
Lets just let one guy with a deagle rob the ban then all his mates in regals get out their m82s and kill everyone? No thanks. The rule is in place to stop the police getting totally fucked during a bank robbery.

Reaction score
I don't really see a problem with the way it is.
There is really nothing stopping the getaway driver from getting a warrant at the start and then immidiately driving off when he has received the warrant and then coming back to kill cops / get his friends out of the bank robbery. Neither is there anything preventing, if you really want it, a sniper from getting a warrant as well and then running to a vantage point afterwards.
It's completely possible to plan out a bank robbery, well within the rules as how they are now.

Reaction score
This server is a roleplay server yes. But it's also a game, for people to have a bit of fun. Not everyone likes to get fucked repeatedly and doing this will cause that. You weren't here for V1, before this rule was implemented. We would rob the bank and one person would stand on top of the old office roof and then snipe the police as they get out of their cars. Basically that's why the rule was implemented.

The next thing is that people (Like me) will be able to rock up to the police, wait for them to switch to their cuffs from their weapon, then bap them in the head from behind. No I completely disagree with this. It basically reduces the fun that the police will have, criminals are already quite OP as it is because they can grab the warrant and rush to Regals and snipe the police. Let alone if you let them snipe without having the warrant.

Reaction score
It's to balance it out. Otherwise people could just have snipers 3 different spots and snipe the police down when they get out of their cars. How is that fun?

No it may not be realistic but many things aren't realistic because it needs to be fun aswell.

Reaction score
Maybe they could change the rule to where they have to be in the same vicinity as the robbery, no assists unless you're in the same block. Otherwise; robbing the bank is shit anyways and you're better off nabbing a sweatervest's cash register.

I don't know why everyone is thinking that Ludus wants the rule removed. He quite clearly says "I think this rule should be modified" Modified, not removed. I wish people could be more open-minded instead of "M82s in regals unfair"

Last edited:
Reaction score
Right, let's just make a scenario here:

5 people decide to raid the bank for the money. One of them go to the bank, the 4 others stay at regals 5. 2 of those gets AK's and the other 2 get M82's. When the poice arrives they'll get blown to shit by the M82's at regals. Police notices this and now has to worry about raiding regals to neutralize the snipers while AT THE SAME TIME having to care about the bank robber. Police now comes to raid regals to neutralize the snipers where they get wallbanged to shit by the two people with AK's inside. Police is annihilated and bank robber can get away without trouble. Later they share the money.

This would make it unfair. I'm definetly down for it if there's a rule against sniping the police but sniping the police is not fair. Not to mention what if there's only 3 officers on and the bank gets robbed? No way in hell they're gonna make it.

You're not thinking of what consequenses this could have. Surely it would be fun and easier for criminals and maybe more realistic but no fun for the police.

EDIT:

If you're making this to suggest getaway drivers then I really can't see a problem with the way it is now either? Park a car outside, run in and get the warrant, one guy takes the car and drive away. Job done. He's got the warrant but can still be a getaway driver.

I'd be good with this if there were addittional suggestions to make rules against sniping.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The bank warrant system is unrealistic, sure, but so is to only have six LEOs and one SWAT officer only. It's to keep it somewhat balanced and fair. Considering how the PD has a very limited amount of reinforcements relative to how fast cops would be killed off if robbers without warrants could flank/snipe/etc, this would break any sort of balance there currently is.

The warrant isn't automatically set to somehow assure it to be realistic, it's to let it be enjoyable for the PD as well, not only for the robbers. Respawned LEOs are allowed to return to balance out the lack of reinforcements, while robbers cannot return to keep a balance. Obviously, two guys with UZIs would be outweighed, but robbing a bank isn't supposed to be easy either.

Reaction score
You make some valid points, it is indeed unrealistic and restrictive in some cases this rule is limiting to what a lot of people would like to do whilst robbing the bank. However it's there for a reason, as people have stated if this rule wasn't in place there would be nothing to stop players from setting up ambushes along the road to the bank, sitting in Regals sniping and a plethora of elaborate plans to help them in their effort. If the robbers were free to take advantage of all this without first having to go into the bank it would simply be too easy to rob the bank. The police would stand little to no chance in most cases and obtaining the money from the robbery would just be too easy. I'm not saying this based on prediction or assumption, this is exactly how it was in most cases before this rule was implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.