50 player limit

Reaction score
Hey,

I've noticed pretty much the server is always full, have the admins/owners discussed increasing the player limit?

Deleted member 231

I believe they have been asked multiple times about this and something will be changing in the near future but for the moment I think its just best that we wait to join the server. Increasing slots costs more money but I believe we have enough donation funds to support everything that runs at the moment so maybe in the near future this could happen.

Reaction score
Lexo said:
I believe they have been asked multiple times about this and something will be changing in the near future but for the moment I think its just best that we wait to join the server. Increasing slots costs more money but I believe we have enough donation funds to support everything that runs at the moment so maybe in the near future this could happen.
Donations fund are not the problem, its the fact that increasing the player slots will increase server lag by a huge amount, even with a better server computer the server will still lag.

Reaction score
Content + map + players = lag lol but im sure fredy will look further into it in the future ;D

Reaction score
I wish it would be possible to have a capacity of 100 without having lag issues. Paralake is really too big for 50 players.

Reaction score
Well I think that the map shouldn´t have + then 50. Because with 50 players is a lag that no one can plays, so lets imagine more then 50 slots, so it will be a problem playing, how Alex_: D said we get more lag giving more slots. So well. The best way to can get in at time is get in at the 5 < 11 AM to get the change to enter on the server. But I don´t support this idea, it will give more lag!

Reaction score
With more than 50 players, you have two Major issues.

First being the server load will of course increase.

But imagine a server with lets say 65 players, and they all spawned their cars. Perpheads is basically a mod of a mod called Garrys Mod. Therefore the game engine is not optimized for that, and even the best of computers will have CPU lag. Remember that this engine is what, over 10 years old now?

Reaction score
Gmod is getting pretty old, and im sure Garry didn't plan for huge RP servers with 50+ players when he made the mod, at this time im pretty sure the server slots won't be increasing.

Reaction score
Alex_:D said:
Gmod is getting pretty old, and im sure Garry didn't plan for huge RP servers with 50+ players when he made the mod, at this time im pretty sure the server slots won't be increasing.
To bad that it might take a while till Source Engine 2 D: