A change to Appeals and Disputes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Changing disputes to Admin and above, forcing disputes, appeals, and other administrative threads to be dealt with within 48 hours of it being uploaded.

Why should this be added? (pros): It's extremely clear that the staff team is lazy currently and appeals, disputes, reports, etc all take the piss to have completed. Therefore I believe adding a timer of which posts must be dealt within will be healthy for both the player and staff.

• Faster response times
  • Higher standards (due to admin+)

What negatives could this have? (cons):

• There is none, it will be successful if staff care. :zing:

*Other additions:

FORGOT TO ADD TY @John Daymon
Permanent ban appeals are exempt

Last edited:
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Changing disputes to Admin and above, forcing disputes, appeals, and other administrative threads to be dealt with within 48 hours of it being uploaded.

Why should this be added? (pros): It's extremely clear that the staff team is lazy currently and appeals, disputes, reports, etc all take the piss to have completed. Therefore I believe adding a timer of which posts must be dealt within will be healthy for both the player and staff.

• Faster response times
  • Higher standards (due to admin+)

What negatives could this have? (cons):

• There is none, it will be successful if staff care. :zing:

*Other additions:

FORGOT TO ADD TY @John Daymon
Permanent ban appeals are exempt

Disputes already has to be responded. If it was only Admin+ would mean that Admins would do disputes alone now and then which would only make a 1 way opinion and get more disputes either accepted or denied. Wrongly aswell, therefor there is 3 staff members always to figure out which disputes gets accepted and denied.

So theres a more proper opinion between this. About Reports there is staff assigned every week to who can respond and who can't. That means not just any staff can't just respond to a AR immediatly or whenever they want to.

Apologies, sometimes I agree that staff both with apologies and disputes should be a bit faster, but it's really up to the staff member themselfs when they feel you deserve to get an answere. If they feel that you need a bit extra time before you will get a respond, they can. Hope it helped a bit on answeres either way, Seems like a fine suggestion.

Reaction score
Shouldn't take 3 admins to decide on if its invalid, especially when the process is behind closed doors without it being recorded :)

Reaction score
Well it's possible, but wouldn't it be better just to have 3 different staff in different roles atleast to get different opinions for a bit of a better opinion?

Reaction score
@Adrish That's the thing, if the staff member made a wrongfulll ban, only by HIS opinion, it could happen the same if it'll only be one staff member to decide whether it was valid or not.

Reaction score
@Jack P The staff member dealing with the dispute would be an Admin. An Admin should clearly know what is right from wrong in terms of the rules. If they can't then they shouldn't be Admins to begin with

Reaction score
@Adrish You could say the same of a Moderator, everyone does Mistakes also admins. If you don't make mistakes you're a robot.

Reaction score
@Jack P Not really, Admins tend to have way more experience hence why they are held by higher standards which means they should be more than able to deal with a dispute themselves. I believe that is what @Adrish is trying to say

Reaction score
@Aquaa I know what he's trying to say, and I both agree and disagree. But being Admin doesn't mean that you never make mistakes in any way anymore, but yes they do have way more experience, and definitely shouldn't make as many mistakes as Moderators my make. Which their not either, but it happens at some point.

But I mean you're right it might or might not be a good idea to make it Admin+ I can't really say myself.

Reaction score
This guy acting like getting 3 staff in TeamSpeak and talking about it for 10 minutes is a massive arduous task. I just got 2 guys to talk about it and everything was fine (chances are they've already had a look at it briefly).

If you need 3 people to discuss it, then it's likely that the person might as well be unbanned because if you can't tell immediately by looking at it then it's a fringe breakage or a complex situation (marginal breach).

It's a game, get a grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.