A Hello/ Considering Playing Again Post

Reaction score
Hey everyone, it has been a very very long time since I have played Perp. I used to play on this server, and another one (probably gone now) quiteee a bit.
I love the community and roleplay aspect of the gamemode and the interactions it inspired. It has been a longgg time since I have played the game, much less Gmod in general and I have kind of been pining for the old days.

My user name was Frisky Pickle (not sure if anyone is still around from when I used to rip around in my dumb little cars haha and have a blast solo with many groups).

Before I commit to coming back I do have a few questions. So I play in the western U.S and I was wondering how well the server played lag wise for U.S based players? I thought I saw that this was a European based server and community? I again could be very wrong as it has been honestly 4+ years or more since I have played. I was also wondering how this gamemode has evolved and improved over time? Would you all say features are pretty much as they once were (would not complain), or would you say things have really evolved and gotten better when it comes to play?

I know the gamemode had its issues and limitations so I was just curious. I loved the mode and just the fun rp aspects. I was wondering if there were also links to what games I need installed again and maybe what mods? Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from all of you again. It has been a very long time haha.

Reaction score
Gamemode and community has evolved immensely in a positive way, and there have been so many changes since 2018 that it’d be impossible to start listing them out. I recommend you come back and see for yourself!

As for ping, west coast you will easily be playing 300+ ping peak times, because the server is now 128 slots max and usually over 90-100 for the majority of the day.

Reaction score
It’s not perfectly playable given the pop off PERP has been through so far by consistently getting over 100 players like everyday (even maxing out the 128 slots sometimes), im not from NA so I can’t really comment how unplayable it’d be but the server does perform decent for what we’ve got from a old ass game.

Reaction score
Welcome back! At peak hours with 100+ players, high-stakes activities do become hard to do with US ping, but it is manageable. Perpheads devs have done amazing things with the gamemode, many great developments and tweaks have been added in the past 5 years. It is the best Perp experience we could ask for in 2023. Check out the new tutorial system on your phone to catch up with the server, have fun!

Reaction score
Gamemode and community has evolved immensely in a positive way, and there have been so many changes since 2018 that it’d be impossible to start listing them out. I recommend you come back and see for yourself!

As for ping, west coast you will easily be playing 300+ ping peak times, because the server is now 128 slots max and usually over 90-100 for the majority of the day.
Oh jeez really? I guess there is only one way to find out if it reallyyy would be that bad. I feel like I didn't have a ton of issues way back when but Idk if the server was hosted elsewhere or if the population was just not as big. Then again I was in the midwest back then so maybe that helped.

I will be pretty bummed if it is just un playable for me :/ really loved the community and game mode

Reaction score
Welcome back! At peak hours with 100+ players, high-stakes activities do become hard to do with US ping, but it is manageable. Perpheads devs have done amazing things with the gamemode, many great developments and tweaks have been added in the past 5 years. It is the best Perp experience we could ask for in 2023. Check out the new tutorial system on your phone to catch up with the server, have fun!
Sweet thanks for the feedback! I really miss playing so hopefully it is not unplayable since I really loved the vibe of the game. Hopefully the ping is not as terrible as you guys are saying for me but who knows :/ I really miss the vibe of this game.

Reaction score
It’s not perfectly playable given the pop off PERP has been through so far by consistently getting over 100 players like everyday (even maxing out the 128 slots sometimes), im not from NA so I can’t really comment how unplayable it’d be but the server does perform decent for what we’ve got from a old ass game.
Thanks for letting me know! I guess there is only one way for me to find out at the end of the day haha.

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know! I guess there is only one way for me to find out at the end of the day haha.
It is pretty bad, but after sometime you can get used to it. However, later in the evening NA the server is still active and you will get much better ping at those times

Reaction score
I'm from the east coast of NA and I can certainly say that it can be difficult sometimes to cope with the high ping when the server is at high pop (e.g.
). The server begins to slow down at around 3pm PST and I'm sure you would still have a blast playing regardless! Come KOS #1 zerg PLPD :punch:

Reaction score
It is pretty bad, but after sometime you can get used to it. However, later in the evening NA the server is still active and you will get much better ping at those times
Good to know maybe since I am not fulllly west coast haha (close though pretty north west) I can save a few ping haha.

I was also wondering if there is a post somewhere where I can find what I need installed again? I am trying to remember all the games I need installed besides gmod so I am not getting those lovely pink boxes haha.

Reaction score
I'm from the east coast of NA and I can certainly say that it can be difficult sometimes to cope with the high ping when the server is at high pop (e.g.
). The server begins to slow down at around 3pm PST and I'm sure you would still have a blast playing regardless! Come KOS #1 zerg PLPD :punch:
Dang haha well it will be worth the shot since 4 pm and later is probably going to be my availability any way maybe minus if I tryyy and get on earlier and risk it for the biscuit. Would you say there is still a good population in the evening or will I be missing out?

Reaction score
Dang haha well it will be worth the shot since 4 pm and later is probably going to be my availability any way maybe minus if I tryyy and get on earlier and risk it for the biscuit. Would you say there is still a good population in the evening or will I be missing out?
Whichever you prefer really, there will be players in the city almost around the clock :D if it’s super late your time then that’s powergrow hours

Reaction score
Awesome to hear! Once I figure out what I need to install haha I may have to jump in today again! Has there been any new map updates or new map? It has been soooo long since I have jumped in haha. If not I am totally ok with the good ole map.

Reaction score
The server only really dies down to ~20 pop around 9pm PST

Reaction score
I was also wondering if there is a post somewhere where I can find what I need installed again? I am trying to remember all the games I need installed besides gmod so I am not getting those lovely pink boxes haha.
Apart from the Perpheads content packs I have these mounted to Gmod with no errors/missing textures:
  • CSS
  • CSGO
  • HL2, HL2 Deathmatch, HL2E1
  • TF2
I'm not sure if all of them are responsible for nothing missing, some may be redundant but you can narrow it down from that list

Reaction score
The server only really dies down to ~20 pop around 9pm PST
Dang :/ that is a mighty drop off but I mean that still is plenty of time to try and test out the best times for me and still have some players on.

Reaction score
Apart from the Perpheads content packs I have these mounted to Gmod with no errors/missing textures:
  • CSS
  • CSGO
  • TF2
I'm not sure if all of them are responsible for nothing missing, some may be redundant but you can narrow it down from that list
Sweet yeah I have most of those downloading had no idea that death match download even existed haha. I will have to give it a test later and find where those content packs are. I appreciate the insight!

Reaction score
  • CSS
  • CSGO
  • TF2
You don’t need anything else mounted other than PERP’s content packs which will automatically download