A Long Way From Home: Only Chapter One

(I am looking for some feedback) Should I continue?

• Yes, it was amazing.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • It was good.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It was...ah meh?

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No, it was pure shit

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • It is interesting, there is some mistakes though

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Opinion not listed? reply below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

amr

Reaction score
There might be some mistakes dont worry bout it

A Long Way From Home

Chapter 1: The Beginning

7:20 am, Boston Highway
“Hey Tom look over there!” Said Albert.

Tom tilts his head towards the window, but he struggles to spot what he is talking about,

“I can’t see it.” Tom replied.

“Move into my place beside the window and look again.” Albert replied.

You move to the window just to see rain droplets and large traffic ahead,

“Are you trying to show me the traffic?” Tom asked.

“No… just forget it.” Albert replies with a frown on his face.

Tom began to get worried as the bus moved closer to the traffic, Tom stood up and moves closer to the driver’s seat and looks out the main window, and then the driver quickly presses the breaks stopping the bus. As Tom looked more outside the window he is no longer worried for it seemed safe, He walked back to your seat just until he noticed the bus beginning to move to the side and began to roll down through the forest. Tom stood up and looked around for a place to hang on or escape, but his head went diving into the sides of the seats knocking him out. He opens his eyes to find himself in the middle of his deepest fear, isolation. He stands up walking close to the driver seat in the now upside down bus to see that the lights have been busted, he looks outside the main window to find himself in the middle of an unknown place, and he begins to ask himself,

“Where am I?” Tom Asked himself.

“A long way from home.” A mysterious voice replied.

Tom looked beside him to find an immerging shadow and quickly looked around him for a weapon, he found a broken pedal beside him and quickly grabbed it.

“You would not want to do that would you?” Says the immerging shadow.

“BACK OFF OR I WILL BLOW YOU HEAD OFF!” Shouts Tom with the pedal at attacking stance.

Tom hears the window getting broken behind him and is quickly grabbed by something. He quickly tried to hit whatever that was grabbing him before it hit him and knocked him out.

He woke up to find himself in the care of Emily, she was one of the students on the bus.

As soon as she saw his eyes open, she ran to outside and began to shout,

“He is awake, he is awake!” Shouted Emily.

Tom’s sight was still blurry, so he did not recognize anyone. Soon a bunch of people walked in and began asking if he was okay. Of course he didn’t recognize them so all he did is ask them the same question,

“Who are you?” asked Tom.

“We are your friends, don’t you remember us?” said one of the people.

“I… I can’t see correctly it… it’s very blurred and my vision is limited.” Replied Tom.

One of the people stepped forward and dropped eye drops in his eyes.

“Can you see us now?” said Albert.

Tom looked relieved to see himself back with his friends: Albert, James, Brandon, Victor, Liam. He then begins to ask a bunch of questions,

“What happened to the bus, Where are we, How did I get here, How long were we here, What was that thing following me?!” asked Tom.

“Whoa, slow down there buddy we will answer you question one by one.” “Well when we were on our way to school the bus was hit and forced off the bridge to where you were last night.” “We are somewhere in the forest and we keep trying to get back to civilization, but the more we try we find our self’s deeper than before.” “We saved you from that thing they are called Zalimaz, we are not sure if they are human, but they do seem like it… they might be mutated humans and we did something that triggered them.” “And for your last question I am afraid he have lost count of the days we were here, but not too long” “Now rest and get ready to move we can’t stay here for long or they will attack us.” Answered Albert

“No…I am okay don’t let me get you killed.” Replied Tom.

Tom stood up and was equipped with a bow and arrow and very limited amount of rations. Soon it was time to move out and the people had to gather in the middle to be checked.

“Okay I will take attendance and then we will be ready to move.” “Let’s see here, James check, Brandon check, Victor check, Emily check, Amy check, Julia check, Liam check, Tom check, and of course me check.” “Where is Albert though?” Said Ronald.

“Albert’s missing?” Tom whispered to himself.

“We can’t have this insolence he knows that we need to go now and we won’t waste time!” screamed Ronald

“You would have cried like you were just born if he left you alone so we won’t leave him!” Tom replied.

Ronald quickly ran at Tom furiously, but Tom quickly dodged him sending Ronald to the pile of mud.

“You will pay for this!” shouted Ronald while grabbing a bat and running towards Tom.

Tom’s quick reflexes allowed him to quickly shoot an arrow into Ronald’s kidney. As Ronald fell to the ground the women screamed at the horror of someone being killed in front of them.

“Are you mad, don’t kill him!?” shouted Amy

“Well that’s too ba…” Tom was interrupted by the noise of something saying,

“You’re a long way from home Tommy (Tom) Turn back” said the mysterious voice while laughing.

Tom quickly backs off from the shadow. Then a disfigured looking human appeared and eyed Tom then looked at Ronald and smiled. The frightened eyes of Ronald his eyes filled with tears.

“Don’t worry any more Ronny (Ronald)…ahahha… You don’t have to worry anymore.” Said the disfigured beast.

Ronald tried to fight back but was too weak and the beast squashed he head and began to feed on his heart. Tom noticed that the beast got stronger while feeding on Ronald’s heart, he also heard Ronald’s voice from the beast. He got scared so he decided to make the run for it before the beast is much stronger. While half way from the scene he hears the voices of Albert. Here he was in a difficult situation not sure if he should run or follow the voices for now he knows that these Zalimaz can imitate voices of people they have killed. Of course it was time for Tom to help Albert for helping him. He ran towards the voice and saw Albert fighting off a Zalimaz. Tom raised his bow and arrow and fired it at the Zalimaz, but there was no effect soon the Zalimaz spotted Tom and jumped at him, though midway through the jump the Zalimaz fell to the ground life less. This confused Tom, but he heard the voice of more on their way so he ran away with Albert until they reached safety.

“What happened to the group?” asked Albert.

“Well Ronald was killed by that Zalimaz thing and the rest ran in different directions…” “I still want to know how did that Zalimaz die?” asked Tom.

“Well don’t think these Zalimaz die easily, but there is this poison picked from places around this forest called Liyanse it has been applied on most of our arrows to kill these forsaken beasts.

“Thanks Albert I could of died without your hel...” Tom said before he was interrupted by the spill of blood all over his face.

He looked down to find a hand through Albert’s chest.

“You didn’t get to far did you Tommy (Tom) hahah” said the Zalimaz.

Tom ran towards his bow, but the Zalimaz was able to scratch his leg badly. Tom began to fire arrows at the beast, but before he released his first arrow the beast was gone and Albert’s lifeless body right there in front of his eyes. He went close to his deceased friend’s body and said,

“Thank you Albert… Thank you for everything and this will not be forgotten.” Said Tom as he closed Albert’s eyes. Tom leaves the body with his bow by his side and a tear in his eye reciting: “This will not be forgotten”.