Your Favorite Quotes?

Reaction score
Mine is “Once upon a time, there was a wise man who used to go to the ocean to do his writing. He had a habit of walking on the beach before he began his work.

One day, as he was walking along the shore, he looked down the beach and saw a human figure moving like a dancer. He smiled to himself at the thought of someone who would dance to the day, and so, he walked faster to catch up.

As he got closer, he noticed that the figure was that of a young man, and that what he was doing was not dancing at all. The young man was reaching down to the shore, picking up small objects, and throwing them into the ocean.

He came closer still and called out "Good morning! May I ask what it is that you are doing?"

The young man paused, looked up, and replied "Throwing starfish into the ocean."

"I must ask, then, why are you throwing starfish into the ocean?" asked the somewhat startled wise man.

To this, the young man replied, "The sun is up and the tide is going out. If I don't throw them in, they'll die."

Upon hearing this, the wise man commented, "But, young man, do you not realize that there are miles and miles of beach and there are starfish all along every mile? You can't possibly make a difference!"

At this, the young man bent down, picked up yet another starfish, and threw it into the ocean. As it met the water, he said,
"It made a difference for that one.”
― Loren Eiseley

Reaction score
'You can pee without taking a shit, but you can't shit without peeing' -Random dude on internet

Reaction score
"When you fall down Hope stays standing" - Fasool.Joker
"Life is like a book and every page is a new day" - Fasool.Joker

Ayjay

Reaction score
Here's a few from the banterbox, prior to the forum rules being added.

a0a6269caf.jpg

Deleted member 1235

"It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge"
"The victor will never be asked if he told the truth"
"Hate is more lasting than dislike"

Like them quotes? You like Hitler my friend ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Real ones now:
"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana
" Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all time" - John F Kennedy
" If an idea is indeed sensible, it will indeed eventually become part of accepted wisdom"- Nigel Farage
" Farage is the anti-christ and I'm here to stop him" - Trande to me on Facebook
"Learn to say no to the good, so you can say yes to the best" - John C Maxwell