Server Suggestion A slight alteration of how Surrender works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: A slight alteration of how Surrender works.
Suggestion Description: I think it would be more realistic for the surrender action to only drop visible primaries, or a secondary in your hands. But any that aren't out and just on you. Would not be dropped.

Why should this be added?:
-I think it would be more realistic, it doesn't seem logical for my character to reach for a gun under gunpoint to surrender it if they don't know its on him. They should have to search my character to find that concealed weapon.

What negatives could this have?:
-Potential for abuse to escape a situation in a manner against the rules.
-increase in gunpoint leading to homicide once a weapon is found.

Reaction score
Yes, it's not logical, but for the sake of gameplay that's how it is. Without the surrender system you are effectively unable to check if someone has weapons 1v1

Reaction score
Yes, it's not logical, but for the sake of gameplay that's how it is. Without the surrender system you are effectively unable to check if someone has weapons 1v1
Gunpoint.
Force them to surrender
Ziptie
Search
Find the secondary?

Reaction score
Gunpoint
Force Surrender

Drop gun to pull ZipTie
Guy pulls
Imo it gives more opportunity for defensive drawing also.
Which is more appealing than just being forced to comply

Reaction score
No thanks, I think people paying the price for getting caught lacking is more appealing.

Reaction score
So this gives people who don’t follow 3.4 (70% of players who joined in the last 6 months) More ability and reason to do so? This isn’t the sort of gameplay aspect we want on PERP and forcing someone to Surrender should guarantee your safety from that individual as a gameplay mechanic. The fact that we need to put guns away to ziptie someone to begin with is more of an issue and this would just rectify the issue. It’s just not enjoyable gameplay and we’d probably end up with an endless exchange of people gunpointing and trying to tie each other eventually.

Its already stupidly easy not getting mugged and pretty difficult to find someone to mug who isn’t a new player because of some new interpretation of 3.4 and 2.5 meaning we are now in violation of both rules if we attempt to mug someone who has a gun out and I’d rather mugging not become more of a Sisyphean level task than it currently is.

The server is meant to emulate real life to an enjoyable extent, therefor requiring gameplay mechanics that might not be realistic, this includes surrendering being a voluntary disarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.