Account hacked

Reaction score
My discord and steam were hacked somehow. They took a lot of my steam items, sold them and bought what I assume is their own listings on steam. Anyone have any advice on what to do?

my suggestion is to make a support ticket via steam i had the same issue and got my account back it will take 3 days or so they will ask you for id , first transaction of the account date/birth (do it on live chat or email but id prefer you to do it on live chat tomorrow or whenever you want). if you have any question i can help dm me :)

Damn Nate I'm disappointed how could you fall for such a trick.

How can we know this account isn't hacked either? Say something only real Nate will know.
Remember that night on the beach? The stars were so bright that night..

• Friendly
Reactions: Max
dont listen to microsoft tech support, especially if they say your pc has virus

I didnt even I just had the same password for everything pretty much :penguin:
probably hijacked your browser cookies or something, having the same password is definitely part of the problem though. i get it's a bitch to have a million different passwords but using a password manager like bitwarden (i use it) has brought no disappointment, easily configurable as a browser extension and ios/android too so you still got all your passwords on and off your PC with much better security, obviously you should also use two factor authentication, it's just a extra layer of security.

contacting steam support will be your best bet here regarding hijacked accounts, i heard they're pretty good when it comes to recovering accounts back but unsure about the items, regardless you can try see what they can do for you.

i don't typically run any other antivirus software other than windows defender but i used to own malwarebytes premium for 3 years because NatWest banking were nice to me :cat: but MB premium was actually really useful and on top a lot more than what defender is capable of catching but at the end of the day, just don't be a retard and this won't happen again

I have my Masters of Science majoring in cybersecurity and information assurance working as a security engineer I recommend you take the following actions.
Main focuses would be to secure your accounts across everything banking, social media, shopping, gaming, etc.
Follow the list below.

1. Change all passwords from an uncompromised device.

2. Setup MFA to further secure these devices from a second attack. The best kind of MFA in my opinion is Something you know and something you have. IE: You know your password, you need you phone to verify.

2. Wipe your device and re-install incase your device is what led to you being compromised.

4. Assess your losses and potential losses. This could be NSFW images being leaked of your partners or self even, SSN's, Birthdates, Phone numbers, address, Family names numbers and their addresses, etc you get the point.

(Why does this matter? This is the material that will be used to black mail, or phish relatives and friends. Some material could even be used to further attack you such as PIA [Personally Identifiable information] through fraud and identity theft)

Generally any information they harvest they will sell on the dark markets for pennies, lists that are miles long.

If you PIA has been breached such as SSN you should report this to the police immediately and your local SSN office (US only, unsure what foreigners have or do)

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Ok well Rouge is right 2FA is great, Use Microsoft auth or google auth (i personally use Microsoft as my ex-workplace used it i just have not stopped using it) If you fell for a phishing link so make sure that you set a new password up thats not the same as the others!

Yeah I've changed all my passwords, the people who got into my account didnt change any of my passwords or anything luckily enough so I think I have the situation under control for the time being but Ill be sure to get 2FA on all my accounts, thank you everyone

- :penguin:

Yeah I've changed all my passwords, the people who got into my account didnt change any of my passwords or anything luckily enough so I think I have the situation under control for the time being but Ill be sure to get 2FA on all my accounts, thank you everyone

- :penguin:
tbf my friend has steam guard on his phone but still got hacked so it might be something else but I cant figure it out either atm

tbf my friend has steam guard on his phone but still got hacked so it might be something else but I cant figure it out either atm
sounds like a browser hijacker, basically they have a exact copy of your browser including logged in accounts

How does one sort this one out
honestly a full pc reset is the best way out, i can say run scans and all that jazz but something might be lingering somewhere even after removing the main cause of infection

obviously password resets and improving account security is something that should be done too

Back