Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Steam Name: nutrient10
Your Roleplay Name: Alex Mills
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:63141227

Player's Steam Name: CloutToken
Player's Roleplay Name: Peter Swans
Player's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:112660502

Why should this player be punished?: Prior to the situation shown in the evidence, CloutToken's friend was arrested following a pursuit but as CloutToken was a passenger, I decided to release him. CloutToken then got into the vehicle that was involved in the pursuit but I wanted to seize the vehicle under law 12.12. CloutToken then failed to stop for me, breaking law 6.9 which carries a maximum sentence of 5 years and $4,000.

Not long after this, I found the vehicle but CloutToken was not in the immediate area. While I was putting a wheel clamp on the vehicle, CloutToken appeared and shot me down. I cannot think of any reason which would justify him killing me as all he had done was fail to stop for me which carries a maximum sentence of 5 years and $4,000.

As a result, CloutToken has taken a maximum of 5 years and $4,000 and risked his own life as well as 10 years and $10,000 to kill me for seemingly no beneficial reason whatsoever. CloutToken was soon arrested and given a sentence of 10 years and $7,000.

Evidence Link:
https://i.gyazo.com/d73db937260a98c392194d3181aa3bc9.png

Reaction score
Hi,

I was under the impression that you wanted to arrest me. As I was driving off, I heard you yell "stop, stop, stop". I proceeded to drive off and as I did so (and was a reasonable distance away), I saw you pull a gun out. I proceeded to drive around Suburbs and head over to storage to grab a gun for myself. I armed myself and saw you drive past me and towards my car with the belief that you were going to try and arrest me. I then exited the garage and shot at you.

I'll make it clear that I had zero intentions of RDMing or breaking the rules. I didn't know what my charges were, I had a gun on me as you drove past me, and I was confident that I was wanted by police, so I was simply shot in order to save my character from going to jail.

I also want to make it clear that I didn't have any intention of waiting around to kill you or anything, and I certainly didn't know you were putting a wheel clamp on my vehicle. My character was simply in fear for his life and going to prison, so he shot in retaliation,

Additionally, I've already served IC consequences for my actions and went to jail, which I took on the chin.

Last edited:
Reaction score
as someone who was involved (his friend who owned the car) shooting you for five whole years in prison is totally something someone would realistically do so why post an AR
Hi,

I was under the impression that you wanted to arrest me. As I was driving off, I heard you yell "stop, stop, stop". I proceeded to drive off and as I did so (and was a reasonable distance away), I saw you pull a gun out. I proceeded to drive around Suburbs and head over to storage to grab a gun for myself. I armed myself and saw you drive past me and towards my car with the belief that you were going to try and arrest me. I then exited the garage and shot at you.

I'll make it clear that I had zero intentions of RDMing or breaking the rules. I didn't know what my charges were, and I had a gun on me as you drove past me, so I simply shot in order to save my character from going to jail.

To make it clear, I've already served IC consequences for my actions and went to jail, which I took on the chin.
@Matthew I was stating the absolute maximum but realistically I would have just impounded the vehicle and let @CloutToken go, possibly with a fine. Someone risking their life and 10y10k over 6.9 also isn't exactly okay.

@CloutToken I appreciate the fact that you probably didn't have any intention of breaking the rules but as you've stated you didn't know what you had done so you need to be more careful in the future and actually make an effort to find out what you've done before shooting at police. If you don't know then you shouldn't really be shooting police.

@Double J I'm not overly bothered but he needs to be more careful when risking his life in the future so I wouldn't mind you just yelling at him or something if you decide to accept the AR without giving any formal punishment. Up to you.

Reaction score
okay and what our characters are criminals and don't know the laws? why would joe dixon and peter swans know this information? this whole over analysing reasons to shoot someone who's TAKING YOU TO JAIL FOR FIVE YEARS is pathetic
But this has nothing to do with in-character gameplay. You need to analyse the situation at an OOC level to figure out whether or not your actions might be against the rules.

Reaction score
@Matthew I was stating the absolute maximum but realistically I would have just impounded the vehicle and let @CloutToken go, possibly with a fine. Someone risking their life and 10y10k over 6.9 also isn't exactly okay.

@CloutToken I appreciate the fact that you probably didn't have any intention of breaking the rules but as you've stated you didn't know what you had done so you need to be more careful in the future and actually make an effort to find out what you've done before shooting at police. If you don't know then you shouldn't really be shooting police.

@Double J I'm not overly bothered but he needs to be more careful when risking his life in the future so I wouldn't mind you just yelling at him or something if you decide to accept the AR without giving any formal punishment. Up to you.
I understand, but I could not have known that, however. I rarely play cop and in my experience police usually give a very harsh penalty for crimes.

Reaction score
I understand, but I could not have known that, however. I rarely play cop and in my experience police usually give a very harsh penalty for crimes.
Yeah I know, that's why I listed the maximum instead. But shooting police over a maximum of 5 years and 4k isn't exactly okay as you risk losing your life or suffering severe injuries and 10 years 10k which can be easily prevented. It just isn't a beneficial enough reason to shoot police for simply failing to stop.

Reaction score
bro jail is jail, if you're getting taken to jail you're going to want to kill the cops who are taking you, i don't know why tf it has to be over a certain amount of years it literally sucks fun out of the game
Post a rules discussion/suggestion and take it up with administration then. To put it simply, at this moment in time, you need beneficial reasons to risk your life, freedom, etc. as per rule 3.4. Taking failing to stop and then upping that to murder just isn't very beneficial.

Reaction score
Yeah I know, that's why I listed the maximum instead. But shooting police over a maximum of 5 years and 4k isn't exactly okay as you risk losing your life or suffering severe injuries and 10 years 10k which can be easily prevented. It just isn't a beneficial enough reason to shoot police for simply failing to stop.
I've seen people get away (in front of staff) as well with similar or even lower sentences. Why is this such a controversial case? Again, I had no intentions of breaking the rules and I apologize if I did, but this double standard doesn't make sense and is very inconsistent.

Reaction score

@CloutToken As stated in rule 3.4, "Any actions taken by a player that may put their In-Character life, freedom from imprisonment or general well being at risk must be done so in a realistic fashion and for beneficial reasons."
As you said yourself you had no idea what you could be charged for, just prior to this you were released by police, so there was no reason or benefit for you not to stop for police or believe you would be getting a long sentence and risk your freedom for a jail sentence. Risking 5 years in prison / 4000$ for a 500$ impound value is not worth it, obviously. Further escalating a 5 year sentence into 10 years for murder again came with no benefit as even at that point (not counting originally evading for no reason) you gain little out of it but risking maximum jail sentence in return.

Your bans/warnings are mostly for 3.4 and it is very hard to believe you didn't know this considering it is very straightforward, however considering it was not too recent that you were punished for 3.4 I'll use this opportunity to make this your final ban prior to a very long ban on next infringement, and shall it happen again, no apology will be accepted.
You're receiving a 3 days ban for: 2.5, 3.4 - User evaded from police for no reason after just being released and taking the car that was about to be seized by police, then when the officer was about to reclaim the car, user shot the officer further escalating his sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.