Server Suggestion Add a outline to every text box on the new ui.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Add a outline to every text box on the new ui.
Suggestion Description: This is a last attempt to get the ui tolerable by me after my last attempted was denied in literally 2 minutes. One of my friends who did gmod coding mentioned this is doable after i told em about this change and whatnot while chatting.

Add a outline around every box, have the color change when selected work as normal just add a boundary to unselected boxes.

Thats it, that is literally all it would take to remove my headaches as the edges are clear and defined and its easier to read. Chunked ui good, open ui bad. Example image below, top box can stay without a border.

Why should this be added?:
- Makes UI easier to read and less pain inducing.
- The outline gives users a better idea where to click as right now the edge of the box is not very distinct.
- The ui would fit more of a middle ground of the old vs new community as it has the new vibe with old styling.
- Uses more of the wasted space of the text box as currently they're huge.

What negatives could this have?:
- Double drawing transparent boxes is abit of a pain.
- The transparency can get messed up from this change due to the overlapping collisions depending on lib used. This means the base ui code may need to be edited after this as well.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: Readability, eye strain, directs the user more where they should go vs now, uses more of the ui space efficently.

Useful Images:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.