Impact shooting certain weapons with a phone equipped

• Thread starter Deleted member 3131
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3131

Description of the idea: When shooting a rifle, pump action, assault rifle or an SMG, if you have a phone out (i.e using ts3) you suffer from a lot more recoil and aimspread, this for both civilians and officers in a 911 call or on the phone for whatever reason. this is to add some realism and reduce the OP comms criminals have + OP ak47's and barret 50 cal.
Same thing for police officers, when they are using their radio they get increased aimspread, as soon as they stop using it though and both hands go on the weapon aim goes back to normal, same of course for civilians.

Why should this be added? (pros): Realism first of all, imagine this, someone on a roof top, with a barret or as50, trying to snipe an enemy, downstairs close to the target a scout on the phone with him relaying intel, right now the two can stay on the phone and the sniper can literally ONE HANDED shoot the rifle, (it would break your arm and pulverise your fingers due to the weight).
Imagine this other scenario, same thing, scout relays info on the phone, sniper, puts down the phone, closes the call and at that point after having breathed in and having held his breath for no more than 1 second, he shoots and hits the target in the face.

you tell me which one seems cooler.
or also seeing a crazy man jump on your car with an AK in one hand, a phone in the other, and seeing him spray you down with his one handed AK, very unrealistic, especially since he can still aim and be VERY precise.

What negatives could this have? (cons): people would start complaining... in 3,2,1

*Other additions: N/A

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
@The HitMan The rifle isn’t 1 handed from first person perspective though, are you saying you also want developers to remove an Arm from the gun in first person too? Which would be weird seeing as client side, the phone is on the same side as the hand that’s actually firing the gun!

Reaction score
there isn’t any scenarios where an officer would be affected by this idea though.

Reaction score
@The HitMan because text radio is supposed to simulate non priority voice radio, whilst org chat is supposed to simulate a phone group chat app, as defined in the rule regarding organisation chat, and the fact that you cannot Use org chat without a phone on you. Civilians being able to see government text chat when near an officer isn’t cops being hard done by, its for the purpose of realism, which you seem to be very much in favour off given that it’s the only reason you’ve given for giving your unconditional support for this suggestion!

Deleted member 3131

well, if an american tells me that, i cant say anything, and i must simply accept the truth of reality.
Shooting one handed it is then

Deleted member 3131

i clearly wrote in the suggestion "Same thing for cops" but everyone seems to stop reading up untill the civilian part.
I dont want COPS to become OP, i just hate seeing one creepy guy jump on my cop car, phone in one hand, ak in the other, then he starts shooting me while his friends come out of nowhere since he is giving them all the information.

Reaction score
Denied

While shooting an automatic weapon with one hand isn't very realistic, this would have too much of an impact on gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.