Impact shooting certain weapons with a phone equipped

• Thread starter Deleted member 3131
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3131

Description of the idea: When shooting a rifle, pump action, assault rifle or an SMG, if you have a phone out (i.e using ts3) you suffer from a lot more recoil and aimspread, this for both civilians and officers in a 911 call or on the phone for whatever reason. this is to add some realism and reduce the OP comms criminals have + OP ak47's and barret 50 cal.
Same thing for police officers, when they are using their radio they get increased aimspread, as soon as they stop using it though and both hands go on the weapon aim goes back to normal, same of course for civilians.

Why should this be added? (pros): Realism first of all, imagine this, someone on a roof top, with a barret or as50, trying to snipe an enemy, downstairs close to the target a scout on the phone with him relaying intel, right now the two can stay on the phone and the sniper can literally ONE HANDED shoot the rifle, (it would break your arm and pulverise your fingers due to the weight).
Imagine this other scenario, same thing, scout relays info on the phone, sniper, puts down the phone, closes the call and at that point after having breathed in and having held his breath for no more than 1 second, he shoots and hits the target in the face.

you tell me which one seems cooler.
or also seeing a crazy man jump on your car with an AK in one hand, a phone in the other, and seeing him spray you down with his one handed AK, very unrealistic, especially since he can still aim and be VERY precise.

What negatives could this have? (cons): people would start complaining... in 3,2,1

*Other additions: N/A

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
If this gets added i'm reinvesting into the meta teamspeak, what a pointless system. realistically I would have an ear piece but that isn't an option, already have 1/4 of our screen filled by the phone.

Reaction score
If you want this to nerf "op comms!" let's also have the same effect so that cops cant use rifles and use the gov radio at the same time, same thing!

Deleted member 3131

as i wrote in the suggestion, both civilians and officers should be affected.

Reaction score
So unnecessary this will destroy some elements of role play, people getting tk'd all over the place and imagine the bank raids without being able to be in org ts

Reaction score
Wouldn’t this just encourage meta gaming in order to communicate? Even so it would just be tedious to have as well as having a phone fill up the screen a little bit.

Reaction score
How about we have double standards then and make it so you can’t shoot whilst talking down your radio? Let’s go all the way with it too, making it so radio usage cancels pumping your shotgun?

Org TS already obstructs 1/6th of your screen and isn’t as fluid as we don’t fully know if someone is actually dead, whilst cops get a life alert the exact second a government employee dies.

What negatives could this have? (cons): people would start complaining... in 3,2,1

Yes, its completely understandable here that people would complain about this being a terribly unnecessary, and unneeded addition to the server, because it would be 100% a terrible idea for the server, and would turn the gamemode into btec policeRP Where the game mode is horribly biased towards cops to the point where playing as a criminal would be about as productive and enjoyable as squatting onto a cactus liberally lubricated with a mixture of jayes fluid and cat piss.

You want people to sit on discord or a secret meta Teamspeak server instead? Because that would entirely cause that.

To quote the rules:
The idea of this game, and the purpose and intention of these rules, is to recreate real life to an enjoyable extent;

People would essentially be forced to sacrifice the ability to communicate to an almost good standard (I say almost, because org TS is shit) because recoil under normal circumstances from guns on this server sucks ass as is, no point in making it so you have to limit yourself to firing 3 shots before Jesus is dodging your shots just so you can talk to your Org mates.

this is to add some realism and reduce the OP comms criminals have + OP ak47's and barret 50 cal.
How dare we use items that are good (not op, just good) that we paid for with what you make in an hour on an average day, to fight you, who gets armour, almost guaranteed backup, and decent Weapons all without paying a penny! “Grrrr evil crim mains with there Ay Kay’s ruining my roleplay experience that is just involving me sitting in a car doing Laps around the highway waiting for a shootout!!!!“.

Why should this be added? (pros): Realism first of all, imagine this, someone on a roof top, with a barret or as50, trying to snipe an enemy, downstairs close to the target a scout on the phone with him relaying intel, right now the two can stay on the phone and the sniper can literally ONE HANDED shoot the rifle, (it would break your arm and pulverise your fingers due to the weight).
Imagine this other scenario, same thing, scout relays info on the phone, sniper, puts down the phone, closes the call and at that point after having breathed in and having held his breath for no more than 1 second, he shoots and hits the target in the face.

It seems you can’t even come up with an actual Pro to your idea explaining how it will remotely benefit the server and it’s players except the players who come onto PERP just to demonstrate how Good they are at giving a parking ticket? If you can’t think of a real reason to make a suggestion, the pro tip here would be to not suggest it?

It couldn’t possibly be clearer that this suggestion is from someone who obviously hasn’t shot cops as a civ or done any other criminal roleplay since drugs were just office plant props and Regals had one entrance.

Reaction score
Also please reread my post where I quote the header of the rules page pointing out something anyone who likes this idea should really be reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.