Police Suggestion Add Date Field Validation for ORs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Add a validation check for ORs so you cannot submit an OR for a patrol date older than 3 months

What benefits would this idea have for the department: Stops people saying they had a patrol in 0020 like this one:
1592231757234.png
Which creates some issues when filtering through ORs as the observation report was from this year.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:N/A its a fairly low effort task.

Other additions:

Last edited:

A1L

Reaction score
Just to say, yeah there was ones that was like 0019, and 0020, probably more or less somehow a mistake. However I've corrected them now too since it seems like a genuine accident, probably a waste of code to do this, however just don't be silly with doing this?

Reaction score
Very true, but I couldn't imagine something like this taking much more than 1-3 lines of code extra. Would just mean no one like yourself needs to go fixing something like this.

A1L

Reaction score
There was only 4 of them, which I think they were a genuine accident, didn't take more than 5 seconds for me to correct this, I know it might be a few lines of extra code but I mean I doubt this would happen rarely, at least at all. Possibly, I mean I guess it's up to DS if they do this but I mean it's only if people are silly to do this

Reaction score
I attempted to fix this by putting the correct date, however it stayed the same. It usually happens when someone puts 6-11-20 OR 6/11/2020.
No this isn't my OR, I have the ability to edit them if need be.

A1L

Reaction score
@Jimmy Jackson No idea why it won't let you edit it properly, just change the year since that's the only problem on them, not nothing else, anyways it's all fixed and properly done now

Reaction score
Denied

Unfortunately support for updates is unavaliable, we are facing serious funding issues following the pay rise of @Collier

If anyone sees this error or makes it please send a ticket into Development Services

Status
Not open for further replies.