Add Forum Rule 2.9: Thread Titles

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1235

What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: Add forum rule 2.9, making AR threads have reasonable titles (Alternatively add this to Forum rule 2.5)

Your version of the rule: "When creating a formal Action Request, the thread title should simply include the person(s) name and rule(s) you believe to be broken"

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: Action requests at the moment currently have really pathetic titles which just simply aim to provoke the users into arguing about each other, instead of about the rule breakage itself. Such examples I can find include ARs being called "nice day to get someone banned", "AR on the State of Israel", "Mass RDM permban ples", "AR on Minges" and "AR on two brainless people".

By insulting people in this way, the defendant is already going to approach the AR with hostility, instead of trying to discuss their actions reasonably. I propose a simple forum rule so that when making a AR, it simply includes the name and rule number (which is beneficial as most people seem not to list the rule number people have broken, and expect the admins to find it). An example would be "AR on Ayjay 3.4" or "AR on Fredy and Bolli, 2.5 and 1.1".

It frustrates me to see threads with the above names, as it's just people looking to cause trouble. It's also worth noting, I'm not the recipient of these ARs, and even my friends have made ones with these ridiculous titles, which I think should just stop.

There are a certain few members who seem to regularly do this as well, which makes them look quite childish.

Optional: Perhaps apply the same to Disputes/Refund Requests?

Last edited by a moderator:

bobo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
This community has been here for a while, and the only thing I've seen within those years of playing perp is just toxicity, it's like people train themselves to be toxic to the maximum level.

It's really sad because when I joined this community it was toxic but not like that, we reached the maximum level, like seriously we legit play/chat with each other every day and yet still manage to be toxic for really so silly reasons.

Tomo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
weak roast ask ur mum for a better one

Reaction score
To be fair, you do have a point in that it encourages toxicity and wastes time for admins to look through it.

But there's a certain delectable taste to the salt that comes from these ARs that you can't find with regular sea salt. I say we keep them, because honestly some of the titles are pretty clever and funny.

PERP is toxic, and no amount of rules is going to change that. It's been set in stone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.