I'd like to add a new rule for crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: Not sure what number it is but it might be 2.9?

Your version of the rule: 2.9 After crashing you are expected to rejoin as fast as you can to continue roleplay. If a role-play situation is not going on you do not have to follow this rule.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: I believe this should be added because some people use this as their advantage to not lose weapons in raids because their game crashed.

Reaction score
The only problem with the rules is that sometimes it can take different people different amounts of time to join the server, because of this the RP sit may have ended without the player by the time they have re-joined the server. I can see why you would like the rules, however I don't see it improving most RP sits as much as you would like it to.

Reaction score
Personally, I think it's a common thought that game crashes are just tough luck and basically unavoidable some times. And even if your game crashes, there should be no demand that the player whom crashed should be forced to rejoin after one

MattIs

The issue is: Some people crash and just give up. Me too occasionally, I've been raiding as a swat before where my game crashes and I just think screw this. Also, if the the crash is serious for example Garrys Mod crashing and then right after it BSOD (happened to me before) you'll be punished as if you have a slower computer it takes a while to boot up and get on Garrys mod.

Reaction score
This may be a problem for some people, depending on the power of their computer, or any other problems they might have. For example, every time I join the server, I first have to open the map in single player, or it'll crash. This adds a couple more minutes to the time it takes me to join.
Also, I don't see this rule being all that well, as people should not be punished for something that isn't their fault.

Reaction score
One major issue with this is rule 3.5
Involving when ever you reconnect it is counted as a new life.So if this rule was to become a thing it would counter act with rule 3.5.

Reaction score
I think instead of it bieng mandatory it could be optional as in "if you can". If they crash and rejoin fast and don't join back into the roleplay I guess they could be asked why they did not join back in?

But even that is a little far. I crashed several times and join back asking the cops if they wanted to continue the roleplay but most of the time they say it's fine.

I think crashing could be considered as a death in game to preserve roleplay so people can say " ohh he passed away" in character instead of pausing the rp go wait for the crasher.

Reaction score
This happend to me about 2 days ago. We got raided at parker the whole buiøding was burning and me and somone else was stuck in there someone else died and i picked up his gun. After the fire was put out the cops came in and we said we were not gonna shoot. We got cuffed and was gonna taken into jail but halfway my game crashed. So i rejoined as fast i could. I asked a mod what to do cuz i didn't know what to do but he said i should let it be. I still had his gun :/

Reaction score
They should add it as if you don't join in 10-15 minutes, you will be banned.
It's better and people have a chance of getting back in.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The server can't be responsible for client sided issues. You don't have my support.

Status
Not open for further replies.