Server Suggestion Add more seat positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Add more seat positions
Suggestion Description: It's very known by now that some cars, despite having a certain amount of seats in their model, do not allow you to sit in all of their seats. I am unsure as to whether this is intended or not (in which case, I would be suggesting to change that) but it would be great to get the full capability out of all the cars. For example, the Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart.

I've composed a list of cars I believe should have more slots than they currently do, this has been done through online research and visual deduction. See below:

NameDoorsActual SlotsProposed Slots
Aston Martin DBS224
Honda Civic Type R224
BMW 1M224
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1224
Dodge Challenger 2015225
Ford Focus RS224
Ford Mustang GT224
GMC Sierra224
Kia Seed445
Land Rover Range Rover 08445
Lexus IS 300445
Mercedes C 32 AMG445
Mercedes E 63 AMG445
Mercedes ML 63 AMG445
Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart225
Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX224
Mercedes Eclipse GT224
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X445
Nissan Silvia224
Nissan Skyline R34224
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S445
Scion FR-S225
Scion xD445
Tesla Model S445
Toyota Prius445
Toyota Supra224
Vauxhall Corsa245
Aston Martin DB5224
Audi TT 2007224
BMW 340i445
Honda CR-X224
Jaguar F-Type224
Maserati Quattroporte GTS445
Nissan GT-R V-spec224
Pontiac Firebird Trans Am224
Porsche Cayenne Turbo 2012445
Ford Shelby 1000224
Subaru Legacy GT 2010445

I have also noted how many doors these cars have, as a large majority have two (which could mean the slots are intended, though cars such as the Spark and Chevelle SS have two doors and four slots).

I realise that this would be a long and tedious job; I would be more than happy to volunteer in helping - if possible - and I'm sure others would too if given an incentive such as a cash reward for their assistance. If not, it could be gradually done over time.

Please do respond with any amendments/feedback. I've tried to research and double-check all of these listings, but I may have made mistakes.

Why should this be added?:
- Get the full capability of the car you're buying.
- More people can fit in your vehicle.
- More realistic.
- Some of these are police cars, seat addition would mean more suspects could be transported at a time.

What negatives could this have?:
- Time consuming.
- Could be considered unnecessary.
- People may not visually fit in cars, in which case, that car could be skipped.
- May cause an imbalance if higher-tier vehicles are not nerfed in other ways.

Useful Images: https://paralakecars.shop/static/img/cars/mitsubishi-colt-ralliart.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure, the faster cars on your list are intended, for balance reasons. FE if you make the Nissan Skyline R34 a four seater you would have a four seater car for "only" 3.150mil that goes 112mph. or the Nissan GT-R V-spec, it goes 121mph double upgraded. Don't get me wrong, i'm all for adding more seats to these cars as i own them, however some cars only have two seats to balance them out.

Reaction score
  • Staff
I'm pretty sure, the faster cars on your list are intended, for balance reasons. FE if you make the Nissan Skyline R34 a four seater you would have a four seater car for "only" 3.150mil that goes 112mph. or the Nissan GT-R V-spec, it goes 121mph double upgraded. Don't get me wrong, i'm all for adding more seats to these cars as i own them, however some cars only have two seats to balance them out.
Great point, though I still think that every car should have as many seats as it boasts (where possible). It’s always possible for price changes to made if balance is a considerable issue here.

I’m going to add links to all of the cars tomorrow so that the faster-slower ones can be more easily tracked, and to visualise better in general.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's a hard and weird balancing decision as of right now as we currently have a Tesla with infinite fuel that can carry 4 passengers at a stock speed of 90MPH for almost 3,3$ Million. If we want the Nissan GT-R V-spec to seat more players then we have to balance other cars as well (in their price or speed?) as the Tesla is currently the king of 4 seats followed by the Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S/Ghibli and the Aston Martin Rapide that start at 1,6$ Million and go at a stock speed of 98MPH. The infinite fuel by the Tesla is nothing to sneeze at, it's really good value if you don't carry jerry cans all the time (who does?).

I'm all up for upping seats on lower end vehicles to make them more attractive and somehow nerf the more expensive vehicles with increased tier wreck price or less trunk space/slots.

Reaction score
Its boring having such a limited variety of high speed four seaters, you only see a handful of cars while the rest don’t get used ever

Reaction score
  • Staff
It's a hard and weird balancing decision as of right now as we currently have a Tesla with infinite fuel that can carry 4 passengers at a stock speed of 90MPH for almost 3,3$ Million. If we want the Nissan GT-R V-spec to seat more players then we have to balance other cars as well (in their price or speed?) as the Tesla is currently the king of 4 seats followed by the Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S/Ghibli and the Aston Martin Rapide that start at 1,6$ Million and go at a stock speed of 98MPH. The infinite fuel by the Tesla is nothing to sneeze at, it's really good value if you don't carry jerry cans all the time (who does?).

I'm all up for upping seats on lower end vehicles to make them more attractive and somehow nerf the more expensive vehicles with increased tier wreck price or less trunk space/slots.
Great and well-informed response. As to where we can go with this, the way I see it; there are 4 options.

Option 1: Only add more seats to lower-tier cars

Pros:
  • Less work for developers.
  • Avoids causing further imbalance with higher tier cars.
  • Cheaper, lower tier cars get to reap the benefits of this suggestion.

Cons:
  • Some cars will still lack the correct amount of spaces.

Option 2: Nerf higher tier cars in some way to justify extra seats

This could be done in quite a few days, I’m totally up for suggestions. A few ideas off the top of my head would be:
  • Make fuel more expensive.
    • And/or make it run out faster.
  • Make the car more expensive or speed.
  • Make wreck prices more expensive.
I realise some of these ideas aren’t as applicable for others, hence why I’d definitely take suggestions.

Pros:
  • Every car gets as many seats as it should, whilst still maintaining balance.

Cons:
  • If things become too expensive or nerfed, players will be massively put off.
  • More work for developers.

Option 3: Add more seats to higher-tier cars without nerfing them

Pros:
  • Every car gets as many seats as it should.
  • More variety of faster, 4-seater cars.

Cons:
  • Will cause an imbalance.

Option 4: It ain’t broke; don’t fix it.

Again, these are my personal thoughts. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I’m personally preferable to option 2 (slightly biased as I don’t own a fast car), though option 1 would be great to see nonetheless.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great and well-informed response. As to where we can go with this, the way I see it; there are 3 options.

Option 1: Only add more seats to lower-tier cars

Pros:
  • Less work for developers
  • Avoids causing further imbalance with higher tier cars
  • Cheaper, lower tier cars get to reap the benefits of this suggestion.

Cons:
  • Some cars will still lack the correct amount of spaces.

Option 2: Nerf higher tier cars in some way to justify extra seats

This could be done in quite a few days, I’m totally up for suggestions. A few ideas off the top of my head would be:
  • Make fuel more expensive
    • And/or make it run out faster
  • Make the car more expensive or speed
  • Make wreck prices more expensive
I realise some of these ideas aren’t as applicable for others, hence why I’d definitely take suggestions.

Pros:
  • Every car gets as many seats as it should, whilst still maintaining balance

Cons:
  • If things become too expensive or nerfed, players will be massively put off
  • More work for developers

Option 3: It ain’t broke; don’t fix it.

Again, these are my personal thoughts. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I’m personally preferable to option 2, though option 1 would be great to see nonetheless.
I'm all for option 1. Option 2 is a bit annoying, seeing as almost everyone buys the cars for a specific reason, I for example bought my gtr vspec knowing it would be a fast enough car to outrun cops, and one that didn't had a too high wreck price; I always check the car website to check these things. So i don't believe we should be nerfing the cars itself, we can indeed change fuel consumptions and/or prices. Just don't touch the wreck prices or speed of vehicles!

Reaction score
Suggestion Description: It's very known by now that some cars, despite having a certain amount of seats in their model, do not allow you to sit in all of their seats. I am unsure as to whether this is intended or not (in which case, I would be suggesting to change that) but it would be great to get the full capability out of all the cars. For example, the Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart.

I've composed a list of cars I believe should have more slots than they currently do, this has been done through online research and visual deduction. See below:

Aston Martin DBS224
Honda Civic Type R224
BMW 1M224
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1224
Dodge Challenger 2015225
Ford Focus RS224
Ford Mustang GT224
GMC Sierra224
Kia Seed445
Lexus IS 300445
Mercedes C 32 AMG445
Mercedes E 63 AMG445
Mercedes ML 63 AMG445
Mercedes Eclipse GT224
Nissan Silvia224
Nissan Skyline R34224
Scion FR-S445
Scion xD445
Tesla Model S445
Toyota Prius445
Toyota Supra224
Vauxhall Corsa245
Aston Martin DB5224
Audi TT 2007224
BMW 340i445
Honda CR-X224
Jaguar F-Type224
Nissan GT-R V-spec224
Ford Shelby 1000224
Subaru Legacy GT 2010445

I have also noted how many doors these cars have, as a large majority have two (which could mean the slots are intended, though cars such as the Spark and Chevelle SS have two doors and four slots).

I realise that this would be a long and tedious job; I would be more than happy to volunteer in helping - if possible - and I'm sure others would too if given an incentive such as a cash reward for their assistance. If not, it could be gradually done over time.

Please do respond with any amendments/feedback. I've tried to research and double-check all of these listings, but I may have made mistakes.

- More realistic.
- Some of these are police cars, seat addition would mean more suspects could be transported at a time.

- Time consuming.
- People may not visually fit in cars, in which case, that car could be skipped.

Useful Images: https://paralakecars.shop/static/img/cars/mitsubishi-colt-ralliart.png
Please stop LYING the scion SR-S only has 2 SEATS prick :( I wish all 4 worked.

Reaction score
I'll make my opinion on this short; Try fitting yourself in the backseat of for example the BMW 1M;
attachment.php

You'll have to fucking chop your legs off to fit there unless you're a midget.

Or the GTR V-Spec
nissantrackpack04.jpg

And I can confirm for you that most of the cars you have listed this is the case for in real life, I have myself sat in most of them and for some I have tested sitting in the backseat, you cannot fit in there.

But you have listed some like the 340i where you can fit in the backseat.

@StephenPuffs had an argument about this with someone a long time ago where he stated the exact same thing as I did.

For the 4-5 seated vehicles, I have no opinion.

Reaction score
I'll make my opinion on this short; Try fitting yourself in the backseat of for example the BMW 1M;
attachment.php

You'll have to fucking chop your legs off to fit there unless you're a midget.

Or the GTR V-Spec
nissantrackpack04.jpg

And I can confirm for you that most of the cars you have listed this is the case for in real life, I have myself sat in most of them and for some I have tested sitting in the backseat, you cannot fit in there.

But you have listed some like the 340i where you can fit in the backseat.

@StephenPuffs had an argument about this with someone a long time ago where he stated the exact same thing as I did.

For the 4-5 seated vehicles, I have no opinion.
Some vehicles would definitely be a tight fit, as you've said. I've based my proposals on research done simply into how people the car is intended to fit. If it has X amount of seats, I would expect it to fit X amount of people. However, if some of these cars wouldn't visibly fit a player in them (e.g. legs/head poking out) then they could totally be skipped.

Reaction score
Some vehicles would definitely be a tight fit, as you've said. I've based my proposals on research done simply into how people the car is intended to fit. If it has X amount of seats, I would expect it to fit X amount of people. However, if some of these cars wouldn't visibly fit a player in them (e.g. legs/head poking out) then they could totally be skipped.
I’ll try going through these if I find time to fix a list for the 2 seated vehicles you’ve listed.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
Mazda RX7 also has 4 seats which isn’t added into the game

Reaction score
CRX SiR also has a backseat, but only for one person. Wouldn't recommend sitting on that seat though.

Reaction score
A huge portion of these backseats are only for baby chairs or securing cargo.

Reaction score
The sierra i wish had rear seats. Its a great truck and fun to just dick around with but its so useless not having people in the rear seats. We need more 4 seaters. Some of them are even so visible its dumb not to have it.

Reaction score
A huge portion of these backseats are only for baby chairs or securing cargo.
I’m still yet to add links to the table entries, I’m hoping to get that done tomorrow. I’ll go through my choices while I’m at it and highlight any which may not be as realistic. However, I don’t see why a backseat would be made (with seatbelts and all) if it could not physically fit someone. If they needed more boot space, I would expect them to make a bigger boot! The baby chairs does make sense though.

In regards to the other needed additions pointed out in the replies, I’ll get them added soon.

Reaction score
I’m still yet to add links to the table entries, I’m hoping to get that done tomorrow. I’ll go through my choices while I’m at it and highlight any which may not be as realistic. However, I don’t see why a backseat would be made (with seatbelts and all) if it could not physically fit someone. If they needed more boot space, I would expect them to make a bigger boot! The baby chairs does make sense though.

In regards to the other needed additions pointed out in the replies, I’ll get them added soon.
Because car manufacturers can take more money if it’s a 4 seater

Reaction score

Aston Martin DBS224
Honda Civic Type R224
BMW 1M224
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1224
Dodge Challenger 2015225
Ford Focus RS224
Ford Mustang GT224
GMC Sierra224
Kia Seed445
Lexus IS 300445
Mercedes C 32 AMG445
Mercedes E 63 AMG445
Mercedes ML 63 AMG445
Mercedes Eclipse GT224
Nissan Silvia224
Nissan Skyline R34224
Scion FR-S225
Scion xD445
Tesla Model S445
Toyota Prius445
Toyota Supra224
Vauxhall Corsa245
Aston Martin DB5224
Audi TT 2007224
BMW 340i445
Honda CR-X224
Jaguar F-Type224
Nissan GT-R V-spec224
Ford Shelby 1000224
Subaru Legacy GT 2010445

- More realistic.

- Time consuming.

i agree def

Reaction score

This requires much balancing and is not as easy as changing seating amount; the Developer team are not prepared to experiment with this at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.