Police Suggestion Add the Clamp to all of PD rather than just RTU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Adding the Clamp to all of the Police Department rather than just RTU. This can be a pain when only RTU have this as sometimes there aren't any online nor are there RC online.

What benefits would this idea have for the department: Vehicles can be clamped without waiting for an RTU unit to arrive nor waiting for RC to get on duty
Makes sense all of PD to have it.

What potential negatives could this have for the department: none other than RTU not liking it.

Other additions: none

Mim

Reaction score
I can understand you wanting your own things and not liking the split but you don't see me making suggestions saying "give RTU rifles because TFU have them and they would benefit RTU too"

The negative you've listed:
none other than RTU not liking it.
Is just dumb and can be used with anything.

Reaction score
I can understand you wanting your own things and not liking the split but you don't see me making suggestions saying "give RTU rifles because TFU have them and they would benefit RTU too"

The negative you've listed:

Is just dumb and can be used with anything.
Disagree, Patrol should have their own things that RTU don't get to incentivise people to stay in Patrol, but this isn't something that should be crossed over.
I understand what you have listed here, but mims post provides very little input other than my negative.

If you can think of negatives then by all means post them below. From my understanding, McGlinchy didn't even know you were getting clamps until they came out.

Reaction score
I think that we should take into consideration the potential for abuse of the wheel clamps.

If this was to happen then I'd only support it if we could limit this to a specific rank e.g. Corporal+

I may be a bit biased in this since I am a member of the best PLPD division (is joke no mad pls) but I feel like this being added to RTU only was a logical choice due to the traffic-oriented nature of the division and tool with the additional benefit that RTU requires an additional application process before being handed a tool that you could potentially go on a clamping rampage with.

Reaction score
I think that we should take into consideration the potential for abuse of the wheel clamps.

If this was to happen then I'd only support it if we could limit this to a specific rank e.g. Corporal+

I may be a bit biased in this since I am a member of the best PLPD division (is joke no mad pls) but I feel like this being added to RTU only was a logical choice due to the traffic-oriented nature of the division and tool with the additional benefit that RTU requires an additional application process before being handed a tool that you could potentially go on a clamping rampage with.

I had thought I typed that into the original post but apparently not. This is something that could be looked into if this were to be potentially added, but from the looks of things it might not as it's going to cause hell if earth.

Reaction score
The average patrol officer couldn't identify a circle and a straight line as separate shapes. They should not be given this.

Reaction score
The average patrol officer couldn't identify a circle and a straight line as separate shapes. They should not be given this.
I think we shouldn't turn this into a division bashing session, and am curious to hear an actual good argument for your disapproval of this suggestion.

Reaction score
I think we shouldn't turn this into a division bashing session, and am curious to hear an actual good argument for your disapproval of this suggestion.
RTU have to go through a series of tests to get access to this.

Patrol can be accessed by any PLPD person, no matter their knowledge or proficiency in spotting different shapes.

Reaction score
I'm sorry that all officers are placed into patrol automatically.
Which is why this could easily be restricted to , example, a rank that is monitored by myself and GamingPeach and other relevant persons on a very occasional basis, corporal would be a decent rank for this.

I don't see this post providing any decent input other than a bashing session for you to get involved with.

Reaction score
RTU have to go through a series of tests to get access to this.

Patrol can be accessed by any PLPD person, no matter their knowledge or proficiency in spotting different shapes.
Right, but RTU also have officers who can abuse access privileges.

I'd rather have this restricted to a rank myself and relevant people can monitor than have a "less-than-capable" officer have access to it whenever.

Reaction score
I feel like people are using the wrong arguments here. Logically, wheel clamps are only used in traffic-based instances, situations where road users are concerned and it would be better fit for the traffic cops to clean out. Once RTU gets nerfed a bit in the PD changes, I think this argument will be more effective. Until then, there’s not really much harm in limiting it to patrol corporals/sergeants. That being said, it’s not that logical just more for balance sake.

Reaction score
I feel like people are using the wrong arguments here. Logically, wheel clamps are only used in traffic-based instances, situations where road users are concerned and it would be better fit for the traffic cops to clean out. Once RTU gets nerfed a bit in the PD changes, I think this argument will be more effective. Until then, there’s not really much harm in limiting it to patrol corporals/sergeants. That being said, it’s not that logical just more for balance sake.
This is one of the most constructive posts I've seen here so I thank you for that.

I understand that but in the event patrol see an illegally parked car and wish to impound it, we may as well just leave it at this point or wait for rtu to arrive. Its a small addition but appears appears have caused quite a stir in the woods.

Reaction score
So i have to disagree to this. As Efan mentioned patrol can be accessed by everyone, RTU has an extra step before becoming an RTO. We teach people a lot in the stage 2's. I agree that Patrol CPL+ probably wouldn't be abusing this however. Why would you restrict it to RTU CPL+ then, makes no sense at all. $

As Mim said, we can probably trust the majority in RTU with SMG's, but that's just weird. RTU is teached in how to handle road traffic incidents, I don't see why patrol would need the wheel clamp. If you encounter an RTC just call one of the RTO's to come help you out. It's not a shame to ask for help!

Something I see you saying is that we can just limit it to CPL+ if you're a patrol and give all RTU access to it, but that's just dumb. Just let RTU have it, you're always free to join us ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.