Server Suggestion Add the football as an obtainable item/event helper item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea:
Add the football entity already present in the server as either an obtainable item or one that can be spawned by event helpers to be used in events.

Today, me and @money found a football spawned by staff and setup an basketball court with it, I feel that this would could be a very fun RP event if set up properly, however it seems at the moment that it can only be spawned by developer+.

Why should this be added? (pros):
Could lead to some great quality roleplay events or just some fun with some friends

What negatives could this have? (cons):
Currently, the ball has some collision issues and doesn't collide with players or vehicles, I'm not familiar with creating models etc so I'm not sure how hard this would be to properly fix.
May not be worth the effort to fix just for occasional use?

m1YRxjU.jpeg

8dac72191171746a56841c53828f65c8.png

Reaction score
I strongly believe this should be an item people can craft, it is a lot of fun and its an item that's already in the game.

All you need to do is set up a limit so people can only spawn one ball but other than that I really don't see any cons against this idea. And tbh, the collision against players/cars is something we don't really need, for me this is a fun prop and yesterday we had loads of fun even without collisions (if its hard to fix might aswell leave it like that).

Reaction score
I strongly believe this should be an item people can craft, it is a lot of fun and its an item that's already in the game.

All you need to do is set up a limit so people can only spawn one ball but other than that I really don't see any cons against this idea. And tbh, the collision against players/cars is something we don't really need, for me this is a fun prop and yesterday we had loads of fun even without collisions (if its hard to fix might aswell leave it like that).
If this item was added as craftable, it would be used for a week maximum and then no one would care about it anymore, I believe if its used as event item only or as “rare” item, it could be more fun to actually host something or use it.

Reaction score
If this item was added as craftable, it would be used for a week maximum and then no one would care about it anymore, I believe if its used as event item only or as “rare” item, it could be more fun to actually host something or use it.
I don't see why an item only being used for a week should be a bad thing, this item reminds me of christmas trees they appear every so often and its just an extra thing that adds a bit more depth to perpheads. Although I do agree it should be a rare item

Reaction score
I don't see why an item only being used for a week should be a bad thing, this item reminds me of christmas trees they appear every so often and its just an extra thing that adds a bit more depth to perpheads. Although I do agree it should be a rare item
My issue is that its the perfect item for many fun events/scenario's, and people would like to come over to use one of these if they are rare or event only.. If everyone has one, why bother turning up to an event.

Reaction score

As mentioned above I think it would be a lot better to use this for events, perhaps someone has some good ideas? Or even just a rare item down the line. Collisions for the ball isn't difficult to fix at all.

or potentially add a tool for event people to spawn such items

Status
Not open for further replies.