Novelty items/vehicles as event rewards instead of cash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
FOR PLANNED EVENTS, NOT RANDOM LATE NIGHT ONES!!!!

Description of the idea: Right now if you manage to win a planned event, you receive in-game cash that you can spend on guns just to lose, there is not really a good reason to actually win an event other than bragging rights.
My idea was to have items or vehicles that are unique and that can't be bought from stores. This way you actually gain something that is unique instead of just a stack of money. Considering that events are not that common, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

For example, you win the Beach Derby event, instead of the cash prize you receive a custom made Mini Cooper for the event with for example a custom paintjob on it.
If you win battle royale, you could receive items such as a cooked Chicken on a plate, chicken dinner.
If you win bat battle, you get a placeable bat prop that says something stupid like 'I beat up kids'.
I could think of many more ideas, but that would flood this thread so I won't post them all.

All these items would not be able to get dropped or sold, only placed as a prop. This is so the item stays your reward and not something that just gets sold for 200k every day.
If a vehicle is won, you would actually get a new vehicle, for example, you win the custom Mini Cooper so it will actually count as a new car, this means you could have 2 Mini Coopers now, 1 just has a unique skin.

What I also thought was a great idea is that we could have a competition for the custom skin, let the community make custom skins for the cars and then let the community vote which custom skin will be put on the next event reward item/car. This way we can get a lot of community interaction and it would also mean less work for the developers.

I'd love to hear feedback on this from both the community and the Developers to find out if this is possible.

Why should this be added? (pros):
- Actual feeling you won something
- People will be more competitive in events which means more fun instead of just fucking around
- More unique items and vehicles
- Community driven items and skins, more community interaction.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
- Could take a while to make all these items and custom skins (Unless community actually makes everything)
- Every event needs new items or custom skins (Could of course be re-used but this would ruin the unique feel an item or skin has)

Last edited:
Reaction score
My only request is that SA, Devs, Everyone wouldnt spawn this in for themselves to keep it 100% unique.

Reaction score
An alternative to this is the forum awards actually being given and maybe displayed on the players profile.

Reaction score
Yes, this is what I basically mean. You'd win a low cost car with a custom skin and/or kit. No 1m + cars

Reaction score
Tbh winning an event isn’t really such a massive deal. A cash prize is already miles more than enough imo.

Reaction score
Agreed, but the thing is, winning some money doesn't seem special to many players. I'd rather win a nice item that I can show off than some money that I'd buy 4 AKs with and just throw it down the money drain. Events would probably have more players attend if the rewards are unique, maybe have different themed events?

Deleted member 1235

What about unique clothing
images

Reaction score
Right because attendance to an event has ever been an issue on the server.

Reaction score
I thought about this too but I am afraid that people who always win events are going to look like fucking exactly the picture you posted.

Reaction score
Will consider doing different rewards, if you check the trophies on forums you will see all events have been put in a separate category now too

Status
Not open for further replies.