Server Suggestion Allow bank robbers to take hostages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea:
Allowing bank robbers to take hostages. Currently a bank robbery is basically a PVP fest. People can still decide if they want a hostage

Why should this be added? (pros):
  • More roleplay to bank robberies
  • The bank isn't a warzone whenever someone tries to rob it
What negatives could this have? (cons):
  • Your friends become hostages
  • Cops can't shoot granting you free access out because you have a hostage and 10 million dollars in your pocket
  • Your hostage will call out locations as they aren't allowed to be shot (RDM) thus free UAV
  • 9/10 hostage sits end up in people getting killed anyway
  • drop off hostages past money delivery timer resulting in free money from bankrobbery and only Walter PPKs required

Reaction score
The only reason I can see to disallow hostages would be because the money is given immediately and players could just use the hostage to stall inside, but considering the hostages have to leave with the cash, I think this suggestion would be a great addition.
Some thought might need to go into any new PLPD policies regarding bank robberies and hostage situations regarding them ( for example not allowing the hostage takers to leave the bank with a hostage )

Reaction score
I agree with this, but I still obviously believe that the way a hostage gets taken ofcourse stays the same. Not like U arrive at the bank and gunpoint the nearest sweater cuz you need one.

Reaction score
I agree with this, but I still obviously believe that the way a hostage gets taken ofcourse stays the same. Not like U arrive at the bank and gunpoint the nearest sweater cuz you need one.
yes, you kidnap someone and you use them as a hostage

Reaction score
ok so i researched this a bit and turns out in a fbi report in 2018 {irl}
there was over 3,033 Bank crimes and out of all them 9 hostages were taken but i still agree that to prevent shoot out's that hostages should be taken
this is a +Support from me
{PS} anyone interested in the stats look here

Reaction score
If this was added no one would rob the bank without a hostage + you cant make sure if the hostage really a hostage he might be one of the robbers + you cant make sure if the "hostage" is friends with the robbers and consented to be taken as hostage from the start. if these problems are solved could be useful for roleplay +Support

Reaction score
If this was added no one would rob the bank without a hostage + you cant make sure if the hostage really a hostage he might be one of the robbers + you cant make sure if the "hostage" is friends with the robbers and consented to be taken as hostage from the start. if these problems are solved could be useful for roleplay +Support
the rule regarding robberies can be changed and what is the problem with people taking hostages for every bank raid?

Reaction score
I think the reason hostages aren't allowed is because it would make robbing the bank far too easy.

Reaction score
the rule regarding robberies can be changed and what is the problem with people taking hostages for every bank raid?
Then it wouldn't be a bank raid it would be a lets kidnap a guy from the street, go to bank and negotiate with cops. And there are so many ways you could win that "robbery" with 3 people against 10 cops without shooting a bullet. just get a bomb strap it to the hostage, tell cops that 1 of the robbers gonna leave the vault and go somewhere safely and will be able to detonate the bomb so cops wont shoot the other robbers for fear that the guy who got out of the vault earlier could detonate the bomb. OP bank tactic for you that ive thought in 3 mins. people could finds OP ways and do them continuesly and also shootout is being complately removed from the bank robbery

Reaction score
Over half of hostage situations end up with dead hostages, it would make being at bank as dangerous as selling drugs fml

Reaction score
The issue here is it drags on too much in what should just be a shootout. Bank robberies as is are too fast pace for this, plus people buying properties could end up suddenly taken hostage for several minutes.

Reaction score
ok so i researched this a bit and turns out in a fbi report in 2018 {irl}
there was over 3,033 Bank crimes and out of all them 9 hostages were taken but i still agree that to prevent shoot out's that hostages should be taken
this is a +Support from me
{PS} anyone interested in the stats look here
yes because most bank robberies are a bunch of guys demanding money from the teller, not full on bank heists with drills and rifles...

i also suggested this before but i believe it was denied for some reason but i definitely believe you should be able to take hostages for bank robberies

Reaction score
Like I said above, the hostages shouldnt be taken in public, and especially not around the bank. They should still be taken realisticly. If the people are in the bank buying properties then sure, but taking someone from city garage, hospital or pd etc, should in my eyes not be accepted.

Reaction score
Then it wouldn't be a bank raid it would be a lets kidnap a guy from the street, go to bank and negotiate with cops. And there are so many ways you could win that "robbery" with 3 people against 10 cops without shooting a bullet. just get a bomb strap it to the hostage, tell cops that 1 of the robbers gonna leave the vault and go somewhere safely and will be able to detonate the bomb so cops wont shoot the other robbers for fear that the guy who got out of the vault earlier could detonate the bomb. OP bank tactic for you that ive thought in 3 mins. people could finds OP ways and do them continuesly and also shootout is being complately removed from the bank robbery
You are still ignoring the fact that there is a pursuit after the robbers have taken the money, escape routes, shooting etc. The point of this suggestion is not to make it easier for crims to rob bank, but to bring RP to it, as right now it is literally rob bank to KOS since there is noone to raid

Reaction score
I think the reason hostages aren't allowed is because it would make robbing the bank far too easy.
bank isnt even robbed for money since drugs bring more than enough income for people, only reason to rob bank is to KOS cops

Reaction score
With this bank system, this would be a great addiction to enhance rp, nobody robs the bank for the burger money anyways.
+support

Reaction score
The reason why it isnt allowed is because back in 2013 people asked their friends and even paid randoms to be their hostages, you even had randoms run in saying that they would be hostages.

Reaction score
The reason why it isnt allowed is because back in 2013 people asked their friends and even paid randoms to be their hostages, you even had randoms run in saying that they would be hostages.
And that is why rules are in place, because this is clearly not a realistic action

Reaction score
You are still ignoring the fact that there is a pursuit after the robbers have taken the money, escape routes, shooting etc. The point of this suggestion is not to make it easier for crims to rob bank, but to bring RP to it, as right now it is literally rob bank to KOS since there is noone to raid
I really agree with your point of view. While people tend to go with the best meta in PERP, I think it’s still important to keep siding with what provides the most RP. As it stands right now, people couldn’t take their friends hostage unless they are involved in the robbery in the first place as it would be breaking the rules, there’s one major problem solved. Additionally, having robbers pose as hostages gives a lot more depth and forces the PD to strategize and stay on their toes.

Obviously any random guy can get taken hostage and possibly killed and this is also an issue, however, there will never be more than say 10 robberies a day and therefore it’s not a gigantic negative impact on people who may get caught up in the mix.

While it would suck to get taken hostage and possibly lose items etc, I feel like it’s reasonable and doesn’t violate rule 2.5 as taking hostages could absolutely provide benefit if used correctly

also it would stop people loitering around robberies and actually make them fearful, a problem that exists in literally every shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.