Police Suggestion Allow city/gov employees' cars to be ANPR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Allow city/gov employees' cars to be ANPR
Suggestion Description: Until today I wasn't really forced to try and get identities of a city/gov employee (in this case mainly taxi drivers, couriers and roadcrew). Today there was a chase where a taxi driver fled, abandoned his car and ran off.

That made me realize I have no quick way to get names, to issue a warrant for example. Only way to get the name would be to get him to call me and I could run his phone number. Only way would be to contact the mayor to find out who the person is via his Computer (if there is one in office).

This could also apply to cases of capturing a speed of vehicles and anpr-ing them, finding abandoned vehicles and knowing, who to talk to (obviously you can see what the firefighters and medics are driving, but not the rest)

Why should this be added?:
- Be able to identify owners of gov/city owned vehicles

What negatives could this have?:
- work of developers, although I imagine its not too different from ANPR-ing regular cars

Reaction score
Ive always wondered why its not possible, firefighters go rogue all the time and theres no way to figure out who they are until they are out of their cars or theres only one of them, i dont see any negatives of this

Reaction score
  • Staff
Wouldn't it show that it belongs to the taxi company rather than who is driving. Like for all company and government vehicles it belongs to them rather than individual people.
Yeah, but in that case you could just call the taxi company/dispatch to find out, for us the only way is to get the mayor to check what the employee's name is, and that won't even give us the car they drive

Status
Not open for further replies.