Allow the concealed carry of pistols citywide

Reaction score
This is pretty much already a thing. Happens all the time already
Untrue, if cops do their job right they can confiscate the weapons of everyone nearby shootouts, with your suggestion, they simply cannot

This includes non dangerous areas to as ive been victim to muggings and shit in non mug zones
??? This is against the rules, how is this an issue?

Reaction score
I think if this were to be a thing, you'd need some caveats:

1. Magazine capacity limits: 17 rounds (so people can't use automatic weapons basically)
  2. Calibre Limits: .44 for revolvers, .45 ACP for handguns. (so no desert eagle or .500 Magnum)
  3. You need to apply for the permit at city hall and pass a short law exam, and pay a fee to get the permit. (5K, perhaps)
  4. When you die, you lose the permit, and must rebuy it at city hall (you don't need to resit the test obviously)
  5. When you're jailed or cited for any felony offence, you lose the permit as well, and must rebuy the permit. (I was gonna say have it so if you have a record you can't get the permit, but that's basically giving people an incentive to die.)
  6. Certain places are gun-free zones (City Hall, Bank, maybe a few others.)
Some features I think would be nice to have if this were implemented would be the following:
  1. When you have a permit, you can join and leave any job and have the applicable weapon go into the locker, just like any other item.
  2. Taxi drivers and Couriers can carry an applicable weapon if they have a permit, as well as store or retrieve applicable weapons from storage. (Maybe for Roadcrew and Mayor as well?)
  3. When cops are searching someone, if the person has a permit for a weapon they're carrying, then that's shown in the search UI.
  4. Similar to warrants, when cops run the name of someone with a permit, it's shown on their record at the top.
  5. Mayor can implement a policy to double or quadruple the price of concealed carry permits, to discourage the practice.

Reaction score
Just because its against the rules doesn't mean it just magically not happen. You used to be a mod i'm sure you've dealt with plenty of mugs in no mug zones
Then the staff deals with it, you get your items back and the player gets punished! Having a pistol on you won't change the fact you can still be put under gunpoint and mugged in public...

Reaction score
Then the staff deals with it, you get your items back and the player gets punished! Having a pistol on you won't change the fact you can still be put under gunpoint and mugged in public...
It does if you don't let them get the drop on you sadly my paying attention skills can be quite ass but i've been able to prevent being mugged a few times in public by paying attention and getting my gun out before i become a victim

Reaction score
You used to be a mod i'm sure you've dealt with plenty of mugs in no mug zones

I think that is Maia's point. It is against the rules so it will be delt with by staff members. Giving people a reason to run around the city with guns is just asking for more PVP

Reaction score
I think that is Maia's point. It is against the rules so it will be delt with by staff members. Giving people a reason to run around the city with guns is just asking for more PVP
PVP is already at a insanely high level so i really don't think it'll make that much of a difference imo and this is coming from a cop main. 98% of the server is PVP.

Reaction score
It does if you don't let them get the drop on you sadly my paying attention skills can be quite ass but i've been able to prevent being mugged a few times in public by paying attention and getting my gun out before i become a victim
How would someone not let others get the drop on them just because they have a pistol in their inventory, they can still gunpoint you and you'd have to comply. The fact that you have a gun on you is irrelevant if someone catches you lacking, the only real way to counter a mugging is to have a gun in your hand, and no one is going to walk around a public area schizoing out because they think some sweater might try and mug them.

Reaction score
How would someone not let others get the drop on them just because they have a pistol in their inventory, they can still gunpoint you and you'd have to comply. The fact that you have a gun on you is irrelevant if someone catches you lacking, the only real way to counter a mugging is to have a gun in your hand, and no one is going to walk around a public area schizoing out because they think some sweater might try and mug them.
It's a combination of not getting caught lacking and being armed. It's common sense really. There is more to this suggestion then just being mugged lol

Reaction score
Idk man i've been mugged so many times in non mug zones. The victims always get released pending no DNA or anything and lose their gun more then half the time. I would like to see a citywide concealed pistol law. Sometimes people get randomly assaulted and use their gun to defend themselves but end up losing it as they had been illegally transporting it for some time.
I've also been mugged in public many time. But how common is it for that to happen for me personally is very rare since last time it happened was months ago. It doesn't really matter if they don't face IN character consequences because that's a rule issue, for example the guys who mugged me months ago faced a week+ ban and my items got returned by staff less than 20 minutes after the incident so to me public mugging isn't a major concern so much so that it overshadows all the cons of a ccw in city.

Cons of a CCW in city like:

- Bazaar shootouts will return at higher frequencies now since its illegal for police to keep the peace there by forcing people to not walk around with their guns.
- Muggings contrary to your argument's belief will now be much harder to investigate for police since more guns are on scene so pinning who's belonging is whos will be more difficult
- Road rage happens very often and this will lead to more shootouts
- Shootouts with police will become considerably easier now since it's legal for me as a criminal to just spectate with a gun on and not fear the risk of my gun being confiscated for illegal transport.
- New players spectating shootouts will also now have a legal reason to be armed as they lock their eyes on a gun they want to minge grab possibly leading to unwanted chaos.
- Public muggings will ironically be more common since having a gun on you in public doesn't mean you can resist the gunpoint if it happens?

I would much rather prefer new players have a law allowing them to carry it in baron and foresty areas so that when they start off with a m9 beretta they can use it to protect themselves in the only spot they can afford.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would like to hear what some of the old-timer staff has to say, why was the rules like this in the first place? Many servers has a ''gun license'' mechanic why not this one?

Sometimes it is good to hear why a rule was excluded or added in the first place even if it was ages ago.
Because those mechanics as implemented on other servers are 98% superficial dogshit and do nothing but punish players for trying to play the game whilst doing nothing at preventing virtual gun crime.

Reaction score
You bring up valid points i just hate seeing people get fucked over trying to defend themselves half the time and i feel like it would solve that issue quite a bit. The law suggestion can always be reversed if it doesn't do well. I believe they had that option in mind for when right on red became legal i heard.
How are people perpetually fucked over? If the officers have no reasonable suspicion that you were involved in a crime then they have no right to search you, and that can be escalated to IA/RR if any Officer is just randomly performing searches and confiscating weapons

This is pretty much already a thing. Happens all the time already
Yes, but right now, if people refuse to leave the area, you can have them detained and searched - if they have weapons then you can proceed accordingly. If you introduce a permit - they can just say, 'but i have a permit!'

Reaction score
Just because its against the rules doesn't mean it just magically not happen. You used to be a mod i'm sure you've dealt with plenty of mugs in no mug zones
You just report it and get all your items refunded? Every single time it's happened to me, it's also a new player that doesn't understand the zones either so it helps them in getting educated lol

Reaction score
Yes, but right now, if people refuse to leave the area, you can have them detained and searched - if they have weapons then you can proceed accordingly. If you introduce a permit - they can just say, 'but i have a permit!'
Anyone Restrained in an active situation shouldnt be released til the situation has been entirely resolved anyways, especially if they’re armed.

Reaction score
Anyone Restrained in an active situation shouldnt be released til the situation has been entirely resolved anyways, especially if they’re armed.
C'mon Bnje, in an ideal world, yes. But with the combination of experienced officers/players and non-experienced ones, having that level of organisation is not super common.

Right now, just the fact that they are hovering around a shootout with a weapon, is usually enough of a suspicion but with a license, they could just 'happen' to be in the area.

Reaction score
How are people perpetually fucked over? If the officers have no reasonable suspicion that you were involved in a crime then they have no right to search you, and that can be escalated to IA/RR if any Officer is just randomly performing searches and confiscating weapons
By having a simple pistol and it gets discovered because of new players forcing them to show they are carrying illegally and shit is one way and i've had it happen to me in the past. I'm not saying officers are going around doing illegal searches and haven't mentioned it anywhere on this thread
Simple law adjustment with the wording "Citizens who are legally caring are required to flee any kind of shootout failure to do so can result in your weapon being confiscated by police" something along the lines of that. Pretty simple to think of
You just report it and get all your items refunded? Every single time it's happened to me, it's also a new player that doesn't understand the zones either so it helps them in getting educated lol
Been there done that

Reaction score
I think if this were to be a thing, you'd need some caveats:

1. Magazine capacity limits: 17 rounds (so people can't use automatic weapons basically)
  2. Calibre Limits: .44 for revolvers, .45 ACP for handguns. (so no desert eagle or .500 Magnum)
  3. You need to apply for the permit at city hall and pass a short law exam, and pay a fee to get the permit. (5K, perhaps)
  4. When you die, you lose the permit, and must rebuy it at city hall (you don't need to resit the test obviously)
  5. When you're jailed or cited for any felony offence, you lose the permit as well, and must rebuy the permit. (I was gonna say have it so if you have a record you can't get the permit, but that's basically giving people an incentive to die.)
  6. Certain places are gun-free zones (City Hall, Bank, maybe a few others.)
Some features I think would be nice to have if this were implemented would be the following:
  1. When you have a permit, you can join and leave any job and have the applicable weapon go into the locker, just like any other item.
  2. Taxi drivers and Couriers can carry an applicable weapon if they have a permit, as well as store or retrieve applicable weapons from storage. (Maybe for Roadcrew and Mayor as well?)
  3. When cops are searching someone, if the person has a permit for a weapon they're carrying, then that's shown in the search UI.
  4. Similar to warrants, when cops run the name of someone with a permit, it's shown on their record at the top.
  5. Mayor can implement a policy to double or quadruple the price of concealed carry permits, to discourage the practice.
a permit for that would be great

Reaction score
By having a simple pistol and it gets discovered because of new players forcing them to show they are carrying illegally and shit is one way and i've had it happen to me in the past. I'm not saying officers are going around doing illegal searches and haven't mentioned it anywhere on this thread
I'm not sure what you mean by any of this? You said that people continually get fucked over for defending themselves, but i can't think of a singular situation where someone has been fucked over for defending themselves? Especially if all necessary precautions have taken place?

Simple law adjustment with the wording "Citizens who are legally caring are required to flee any kind of shootout failure to do so can result in your weapon being confiscated by police" something along the lines of that. Pretty simple to think of
The last thing this server needs is more 'conditionals' in the laws/rules. This change simply benefits raiders more than it does someone defending themselves because someone won't 'just get fucked over' for having a concealed weapon.

Reaction score
I see many comments regarding how his could lead to ‘more shootouts’ or something, as if people aren’t already constantly carrying concealed weapons on them. Realistically, this probably wouldn’t change the amount of shootouts at all.
Exactly the amount of shootouts will stay pretty much exactly the same. More then half the city is already strapped up anyway. This proposal gives them the chance to strap up legally and not have to worry about losing a pistol because of some dumb shit happening that exposes them breaking the law. I feel it would be beneficial to the city having this law changed.