Server Suggestion An incentive to stay on the server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: This suggestion is an attempt at creating a greater incentive for players to stick around a bit longer every day.

The basics of the idea is that every hour of playtime or so, players will be given a random reward, depending on how many hours they've stayed on the server. Capped out at maybe 5-6 hours, to ensure people aren't going to feel like they must play for 10 hours every day to min-max the shit outta making profit.
An example is something like this:
For their first hour of playtime in the day, the player is given a monetary reward (somewhere around the 5-15k range, I'd say)
For the second hour, the player is given a random weapon as a reward, with a higher chance for pistols/melee, and smaller chance for larger firearms, especially sniper rifles.
The third hour, an item of some level of rarity is given to the player, with the item of course being randomized.
Any of these three would then repeat for the remaining 2-3 hours of rewards, perhaps with the second time the player is given a weapon, there is a slight increase in getting a larger firearm.

Why should this be added? (pros):
Creating an incentive for people to stay on the server for a bit longer
Would also end up rewarding Passive RP'ers, as there usually is no monetary benefit in Passive RP. May result in more Passive RP occuring as well.
Chances of new players staying with the community for longer

What negatives could this have? (cons):
Chance of inflation (Could be corrected by decreasing monetary value or chance of receiving something of higher monetary value)
"I would be a bit worried about rewarding people just to play the server, coming on to play should be incentive enough." - @Tyla Jai

Please list any additional negatives you may have in mind in a reply below.

*Other additions: The idea listed above is just an example of what could be done to greatly incentivize people to stick around for longer every day. If you have any ideas yourself that could help with this, feel free to mention it below as well.

Reaction score
Most games do introduce some type of daily reward which I would surmise as being embodied in the daily free spins. As Tyla alluded to, coming on to play should be incentive enough - there are many rewarding avenues provided by the game. People can also win monetary rewards for being featured in the Spotlight which is again another incentive.

While I appreciate the sentiment behind the idea, I just don't feel that it really echoes what we are about.

Reaction score
The issue is throwing free shit at someone clearly doesn’t make them stick around. Most new players don’t even stick around long enough to claim their free benefits. If someone is to receive free things it should be the result of them attempting to join the community (already done with rewards system) and for coming on daily (already the case with free spins)

Reaction score
The issue isnt with not enough free shit
its with the legal jobs not paying enough compared to illegal ''jobs''
luckily @Samuel is doing a massive job improving stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.