Ballistic/Heavy vests/armors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Vests for civilians.

Short explanation (in notes):
- A ballistic or normal light/medium/heavy SWAT/Cop vest at the citizen's disposal.
- Would be sold at the A' blazin gunstore (Where you buy the gunpowder and so on for the weaponry.)
- Price would vary depending on the type of armor you wanna buy (Light/Heavy)

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):

This should be added to compensate for the over-powered S.W.A.T units that break into your house, fully armoured with often automatics and a sniper covering them. I think it would also give a chance for the players that are actually defending their homes, because they often get one-shotted by a Benelli or a remington shotgun.

Optional additions:
-
-
-

Deleted member 5920

So, you are suggesting giving civilians Ak47s and OP armour? No. SWAT wouldn't scare you or as effective.

Reaction score
-Support
It makes civilians far too overpowered, it's as simple as that. But, if it costs a high price it might be justified. a 25k item that is one use, you lose it when you die.

Last edited:
Reaction score
-Support, The system they have is balanced enough.

+Support for light vest maybe.

Reaction score
I would +Support to add the light vest
ZYsfJzo.png

Made with paint

Reaction score
This has already been suggested and denied.
But that was more than a year ago, so i'll leave this open!

IMO Kevlar shouldn't be available for civilians at the moment because in most shootouts with the police force, the cops generally lose. HOWEVER, that is only because the average cop at the moment is utterly useless, same goes for SWAT. If they got their act together and actually used their brains a little, they could easily win most if not all shootouts with your average gang.
I think Kevlar for civs will be more about that police/gang dynamic as opposed to realism because on the one hand, yeah civilians should be able to get body armor but then if they get armor, SWAT will lose every battle instead of 90%.

The obvious answer to this question is to work on the standard of the police/SWAT however, that's nearly impossible due to the fact that the average officer doesn't stay employed by the police for very long, and those dedicated roleplayers who do play realistically for 2 hours straight as an average cop get let down by the hyped up SWAT members who are only SWAT because their growing buddies aren't online.

tl;dr
No, not at the moment. SWAT too bad to handle it.

Reaction score
I'll support this, but only if light kevlar was to be added, and players could craft it, instead of buy it.
Everyone being able to buy it would be too much, since every person and their dog would have kevlar, but if it was a craftable item like all the weapons and such, not everyone would be able to get it just like that.

It should, however, not be craftable by everyone right away. Should be something like a mid-high level craftable item.

Anyhow, that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.