Server Suggestion Assign items to the good category

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Assign items to the good category
Suggestion Description: There are a lot of items in the game that are classed under "Other" category and I think this could be optimized, for example many items like stoves, fences, ... should be under "Furniture" or Bandages, Stim Packs under "Medical"

Why should this be added?:
- Its annoying to have a limit of 30 items in the other category even though it has so much stuff you actually need, I find myself not being able to use my dolls for example because I don't have enough space since medical equipment/wrenches are considered as "Other"

- Easier to read storage, items will be better organized, right now pretty much anything can go into "Other"

What negatives could this have?:
- Will no longer have a 30 items capacity (balance issues?) but you can limit the items in their own categories anyway

Useful Images:

Reaction score
Agreed, not sure about the development pipeline but this sounds like it would be just a config change.
This would make life much nicer with the category limits!

Max

Reaction score
you fool, once you move bandages and stims to a different category I will have even more room to grow my pot collection, no planter will be safe! :nailbiting: :nailbiting:

Reaction score
But this is a feature to keep the amount you hold realistic to some extent, obviously it isn’t perfect.

Therefor if there was other catergories added there would be a reduction in the number of “other” you could carry and also a limit on the other categories that would be created. Meaning you might be able to carry more of a certain category but it would be a net loss of total amount you can carry in some cases.

Reaction score
  • Staff
But this is a feature to keep the amount you hold realistic to some extent, obviously it isn’t perfect.

Therefor if there was other catergories added there would be a reduction in the number of “other” you could carry and also a limit on the other categories that would be created. Meaning you might be able to carry more of a certain category but it would be a net loss of total amount you can carry in some cases.
I understand your point, however the "Other" category is way to large today, personally I would prefer more subcategories with less items than a big messy one with everything in it that allows me, in rare occasions to have more of ONE category.

I believe it would be more useful in a day to day use.

Reaction score
I was going to make a suggestion for this a while ago but figured I'd be shut down by the same people who added the holiday items and TALKING DOLLS for it being too """unrealistic""". it is annoying how holiday items (besides those in the "secondary" category) are in "other", seeing as I like to carry them with me 24/7 wherever I go.

Agreed, not sure about the development pipeline but this sounds like it would be just a config change.
This would make life much nicer with the category limits!
it would be changing it from "other" to something like "holiday".

Reaction score

Accepted (ish). Holiday items has been moved to their own category. For now we are not going to overhaul the other categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.