Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Collier
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 3 Days

Your Steam Name: Valurim
Your Roleplay Name: John Richard
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:154568770

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: While on the server, I had taken a prop outside of a property I had owned and flung it at a firetruck which placed it in an inconvenient position while the driver was attempting to put out fires.

Why should this appeal be considered?: I just would like to start by stating that I am extremely sorry, and even after I had done it I started to regret it, understanding how annoying it would be to a bystander. At the time, a friend of mine and I had recently discovered the extent of moving the props, and started to find it very funny and we got distracted. Because of this, I was not thinking right, and not regarding how this could be problematic or annoying to others, but merely the enjoyment I found it from it. I understand entirely the problems this caused for others, and how I made myself appear foolish. However, I want to clarify that this will never happen again. To reinforce this statement I can relate to experiences with myself. I've been on this server for a few days and while it is extremely fun and enjoyable, I understand how frustration can build up over time. Even something like this which had no immediate damage, held within itself accumulative unenjoyment within those affected. Even writing this I can understand how annoyed I would be if I was the recipient of something like this.

My point is, I was not thinking about others and how they could potentially be affected by this, especially given I have no clue who they are, or their situation(s). Because of this, I want to clarify that I 100% understand why I am at fault, what I did was wrong, and even the further problems that could have of arose. Even beyond this, I understand that prop manipulation in itself is already a violation of a rule. While I was not aware of this, it in no way whatsoever excuses me, but rather makes my situation worse. When I joined the server it was my responsibility to familiarize myself with rules, and it is even common sense to know not to do stuff like this given the potentially game-breaking effects. However, what I have learned from this is how my ignorance can be my own demise. Knowing this, prior to me sending this appeal, I have already read thoroughly through all of these rules, and have thought about the reasons behind each so that I can know to never break one again.

So to conclude, I take full responsibility in what I did, and I do not want to make any excuses. However, I find much enjoyment in this server, and my own foolishness led to this ban. However, now that I understand the rules in its entirety, and the problems that can arise from not following them, including the effects it has on others, even if it may be at my own pleasure. I can guarantee that something like this will never happen again. I will even go as far as to suggest a disproportionally larger punishment, should I not uphold to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.