Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Dave
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Week

Your Steam Name: Vegard
Your Roleplay Name: Donald Sanchez
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:20758972

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 3.2 - Minor metagaming

Why should this appeal be considered?: Let me start by explaining my perspective again. I have been hanging out with my friend group in this Discord group for way longer than our time in perpheads. We have kind of gotten used to being on discord pretty much all day even when not gaming, and we often share screen. Its fun to see what others are up to, like watching others stealing cars or raiding while we're doing our own stuff, like crafting or growing. Or watching the rest of the raid after one of us gets killed

We knew this was in a very grey area of the rules. We knew about the metagaming rule and we have been super carefull about not communicating OOC info like asking for help if we are beeing mugged or in counter-raids without using phone/orgchat.

But the problem came when we were basing and in a discord call, It ended up giving us an edge we shouldn't have had. We were able to keep talking even after getting killed, and that gave us more info than we should've known IC. I get that this was unfair to other players who were sticking to ingame teamspeak and whisper. Another problem is that we could cordinate assasinations by simultaniusly shooting without tipping off people in game by opening the phone or talking. I am sorry about that and the advantage it gave us.

I would also like to thank you for listening during our sit and beeing understanding about our situation and only giving us a week long ban insted of the several months that is normal in more severe metagaming situations. I have also made quite a few new friends on this server and look forward to playing again in a week or hopefully sooner.

Additional Information: In the clip that was provided for evidence we were screen sharing while basing together, but i would like to add that the clip shows he was not looking at any perp stream until AFTER he died himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.