Ban Bhopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Put a direct mention of Bhopping into rule 3.3

What rule do you wish to Edit/Add:3.3
Your version of the rule: Include specific mention of Bunny Hopping as opposed to vague "unrealistic movement"
Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: Never witnessed a man Bunny hop full speed into a firefight and accurately fire a long barrel rifle. This will probably upset the zoomers who like to spin round like a Beyblade and destroy people but hey ho worth a shout

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thread moved to the correct section of the forums. Please update it with the rules discussion template as soon as possible.

Reaction score
POV: You're just trying to kill some skids that threw a grenade and aren't equipped with any other weapons, pussying their way out

Can there also be a way to enforce this more strictly instead of just implementing a game feature that fucks up our recoil? (Raindance era). People need to be punished who do this and not just a slap on the wrist, gunplay can be horrible in this server.

Reaction score
POV: You're just trying to kill some skids that threw a grenade and aren't equipped with any other weapons, pussying their way out

Can there also be a way to enforce this more strictly instead of just implementing a game feature that fucks up our recoil? (Raindance era). People need to be punished who do this and not just a slap on the wrist, gunplay can be horrible in this server.
good aim

Reaction score
I strongly disagree with removing something like this from the meta.

Bhopping through a door at a firefight is just us trusting that the opponents have the reactions of sloth. It puts you at a HUGE disadvantage for a short period of time, easily getting killed. It’s a risk and reward play and I don’t want firefights ending up as a standing behind two barricades firing.

Reaction score

Bhopping through a door at a firefight is just us trusting that the opponents have the reactions of sloth. It puts you at a HUGE disadvantage for a short period of time, easily getting killed. It’s a risk and reward play and I don’t want firefights ending up as a standing behind two barricades firing.
Treating the game with a meta like it is an esport shouldn't really be on PERP; realistic movement was heavily enforced a while ago. Not sure why running and jumping has become the norm now.

Reaction score

its a role play game not a twitch shooter zoomer

Reaction score

CAa5q4T.png

we did it, we turned SeriousRP into an E-Sport

Reaction score

You're right sprinting and crouch jumping through a doorway with a 3 foot rifle is certainly feasible

Reaction score

There’s a difference between jumping through a Door and literal bhopping.

Reaction score
My opinion is that it should either not be a game mechanic or not be punishable. Most movement is instinctive anyway
But it is punishable, and therefor not allowed as a mechanic, the rules just need to be enforced properly or stated in black and white. Or we simply revert some changes that were made and make jumping a lot harder.

Reaction score
So Alt-sprint jumping through a doorway while holding a weapon in attack stance, is not literal bhopping, and is in fact, just "jumping through a door"
You’re disagreeing with the wrong part. The opinion is whether it should be allowed or not. @Creepis rightly says that implementing a mechanic will likely cause an unforeseen issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.