Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Allen
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Week

Your Steam Name: Simon Bendetti
Your Roleplay Name: Simon Bendetti
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:121982224

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 3.4 - As mayor, loitered near a shootout with a confetti cannon out, resulting in himself and his SS being mistaken for flankers and gunned down by police.

Why should this appeal be considered?: I was no where near the shooting, it was inside slums and me and my SS were chilling at market stalls together not moving at all. I find it hard to believe I was banned for holding a confetti cannon in my hands and somehow I'm at fault for getting my SS killed when all we were doing was standing still together. I don't even care that the TFU shot me, but getting banned for holding a confetti cannon no where near the initial shooting is a bit bizarre. I'd also like to say that I was behind the usual point of the perimeter where they usually block off slums access during a shooting. My pov https://streamable.com/h6bfmi

Additional Information: Allen was very annoyed with me in the report for some reason.

Reaction score
I'd also love to point out how they didn't seem to care at all a literal TFU unit who's supposed to ID their targets first, gunned me down while standing completely still (away from the shootout). I can understand the mistake of taking me as a flanker, however I was no were near the shooting.

Reaction score
I really want to talk about the elephant in the room here... I was shot while standing still and my SS who had no gun in his hand was shot next by a TACTICAL FIREARMS UNIT OFFICER. Not a single person cares that a literal TFU gunned down an SS unarmed because he assumed it was a flanker even though the shooting was completely contained inside slums. This is some PLPD bias if I have ever seen it

Reaction score

This clip clearly paints a different picture. From this perspective it seems very obvious that you new exactly what you were doing by loitering in the area with the Confetti Cannon. Whilst we agree that the TFU could've taken more precaution in identifying his target, he was responding to a shootout and clearly saw what looked to be an armed civ. File an Internal Affairs Complaint here if you wish to do so. Your SS did in fact have their firearm in their hand when this all took place, and then pointed it at the TFU after you went down.

You should know better than to be loitering even in the vicinity of a shootout while behaving in such a way (with the confetti cannon being clearly used as bait). Reviewed with @Clarky @Oddy @3izu @Aquaa

Status
Not open for further replies.