Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Dom
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Day

Your Steam Name: Alex_:D
Your Roleplay Name: Tim Jimzon
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:37230668

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: I was mugged by 3 players, afterwards I fled the scene and began hunting them, I caught up with one of the players who used /looc to inform me he had died, I then killed the player.

Why should this appeal be considered?: I was banned despite following the rules. Rule 3.24 clearly states "Players are prohibited from bringing out of character information into in-character gameplay" In the eyes of my character I was seeing the exact same person in-front of me who had just mugged me and I did not need to follow his OOC claims.

By killing the player I supposedly broke the NLR, but if I had ignored the player and followed his out of character text chat I would have broken 3.24.

By following the rules I have clearly fallen into a loophole, killing him results in breaking the rules, walking away results in breaking the rules.

Additional Information: The rules clearly need to be expanded on, can you follow OOC chat? Can you not? Which is it because it cannot be both.

Status
Not open for further replies.