Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: KeiwaM
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Day

Your Steam Name: dirt
Your Roleplay Name: Jerry Koney
Your SteamID: STEAM_1:1:229308242

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 2.5 - Knocked another player out after he accidentally hit his friend with a car.

Why should this appeal be considered?: You guys should consider this appeal because I thought it was going to be a verbal warning or a warn for the knock down and I didn't explain my part clearly but it was a ban . In this clip you see you can see the guy who me and my friends knocked down hit my friend in his car. This was a intentional hit because he did not apologize and proceeded to insult my friend and also purposefully swerved into him and to where he went onto the sidewalk. Just because he was parking does not mean he could hit anyone he can see in his vicinity. The mod that brought me up to the sit wasn't being openminded to my opinion and keeps on stating that this was an accident and said that he could hit anyone in the parking lot because they're in the way when in the clip it clearly showed it being intentional and could've been prevented so easily. The admin in particular brought me up to the roof without any warning or anything after we knocked him out. The sit made to get me ban and to make me crack up and make a mistake without me having time to think or anything or even get proof. The thing is he didn't bring any of the other players but just me in particular and didn't get the victim or my friends which meant this sit was handled unprofessionally. He didn't tell me I was going to get banned in any time of the sit. In conclusion this sit wasn't handled correctly and the hit was not an accident.

Additional Information: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/10nzISs2gGgkvo/d1337TUoPSQx?invite=cr-MSxGN0QsMTA0MDU0MzY2LA

Reaction score
It seems like you would have been happy with a warning, so I assume you agree with the reasoning and just not a ban? If so, you need to change this to an apology, or alternatively you can make a staff complaint if you feel like it's excessive.

Reaction score
It seems like you would have been happy with a warning, so I assume you agree with the reasoning and just not a ban? If so, you need to change this to an apology, or alternatively you can make a staff complaint if you feel like it's excessive.
My thinking was that oh I might've fucked up or something on my part when the sit was happening because it was just right there on the dot after I knocked him out, there was really no time to look back at my demo or anything to see if I really did something wrong, but than I see what my friends said to me once I got banned and I realized this ban was false and I shouldn't have received any sort of punishment at all.

Reaction score
To get it considered, you should probably upload a video/demo of what actually happened. Namely you and your friends all ganging up on him for this, running him over and beating him up until he died, all while he made no further attempt at fighting back.

Reaction score
To get it considered, you should probably upload a video/demo of what actually happened. Namely you and your friends all ganging up on him for this, running him over and beating him up until he died, all while he made no further attempt at fighting back.
My demos always have errors in them for some reason so there's no way to accurately see what's going on in them. The reason for this is we were looking for people to get into fights with and roleplay getting into an argument and getting into shootouts. This did not break 2.5 because this was no accident and was an intentional hit by him.

Reaction score
My demos always have errors in them for some reason so there's no way to accurately see what's going on in them. The reason for this is we were looking for people to get into fights with and roleplay getting into an argument and getting into shootouts. This did not break 2.5 because this was no accident and was an intentional hit by him.
Disable all other addons except for perp ones and connect to the server before loading your demo. It doesn't matter if you're banned, you can connect to load the content and then load the demo.

Provide the footage from there, as your word will not yield any results alone.

Reaction score

In the clips provided the player was barely strafed with the car when attempting to park his vehicle, his actions can be seen as accidental, escalating the situation by running him over, ganging up on him and knocking him down is over escalating the situation to the extent that the reasoning for your ban is valid.
2.5 clearly states that you should not kill players over verbal insults, minor or accidental actions.

Reviewed with @A1L , @3izu and @Snusmus

Last edited: