Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Maia
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 2 Days

Your Steam Name: Spooda
Your Roleplay Name: Gerg Grigori
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:80508688

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 3.4 - User started to sprint away from an officer while at gunpoint

Why should this appeal be considered?: In the situation the officer asked me not to drive off and said nothing else so I got out of the car and starting sprinting around the scene, over this period of time he did not ask me of gunpoint me to stop so I obviously did not expect him to start shooting at me since I had not done anything wrong to begin with as well (I was stopped there because I hit a officer on the slip road coming off the highway). I think it is blown out of precaution to ban me for 3.4 here since the officer at no point asked me to stop over a 13 second period of time to only open fire to which If you watch the clip you can see I activate my microphone and I ask him to stop shooting and go back to the scene and stand still in hopes he stops shooting me only to have to sweater beating me and what the actual fuck was going on with that.

As well as this it was assumed since I was a experienced player I knew what I was doing and broke 3.4 on purpose this makes no sense to me as I made the report to attempt to punish the other player and why would I do so If I knew I was only showing my rule break to staff? It was also said by SamSN in my report that since he asked me to 'step out of the vehicle or he would shoot me' it makes it clear he does not want me leaving the scene, even though I made no attempt to leave the scene as I was just running around this is made clear by the fact I turned back around before he even shot at me, also would I not be breaking 3.4 and 3.6 by standing in the slip road since I just killed a officer on accident doing the same thing? Also I find it stupid to be expected to poetically dissect the language of a officer to understand every way and form he could be interpreted.

To be honest I feel like Maia went out of her way to reach for a slim reason to ban me here as she even said it would be a 3 day ban and reduced it to 2 days which comes across to me at least that they is no real warranted reason here and seems like an attempt to discourage me from making an appeal.

Additional Information: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/RSqSzvvzfRsKd/d1337qgdyPky?invite=cr-MSxzSzAsODA0NDgyMSw

Reaction score

The officer gave you orders not to drive off. Just because he didn’t specifically mention running off on foot, it doesn’t mean you can ignore gunpoint. Any reasonable person would complied in this situation so please use common sense going forward. Oh and by the way, we’ve extended your ban to 1 week because you should know that this is blatant 3.4 as an experienced player.

Reviewed with @A1L

Status
Not open for further replies.