Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Nazeer
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Week

Your Steam Name: Ary
Your Roleplay Name: Ary Lex
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:42697034

Why were you punished?: 3.4 - User shot an Officer to save his friend who was already dead from being arrested.

Why should this appeal be considered?: Appealing the severity of the punishment. In my opinion this was a rule break yes, but so non-severe that a warning would have been enough. What is the point of the bans / warnings if not to make your playerbase follow and more importantly, understand the rules.
I didn't know what I did was a rulebreak and after being told, i adjust gameplay. No need for ban.

In detail my friend got arrested while being afk in his shop by a cop. After discussing with Xao Higgins about helping him and getting my gun out the locker, my friend became conscious and started blasting the cop. My friend died, the cop survived. I started shooting at the cop and subsequently died while the cop survived.

I told Nazeer that i don't exactly remember why i shot the cop but there can be 2 reasons:
1. Saving my friends gun
2. Killing the cops so my friend doesn't go to jail for attempted murder on cop.

Both reasons are not legit to kill a cop after my friend is dead. I learned that after Nazeer told me.

I told Nazeer that I don't have much experience in this type of cases and that i apologize for breaking the rule, as I wasn't aware that I did.

Nonetheless Nazeer decided a 1 week ban is appropriate for this mistake. I don't, so that's why I made this appeal.

PS: Looking at other bans with around 1 week or less, my ban seems ridiculously long and blown out of proportion.

Status
Not open for further replies.